Top 5 Friday: Best ways to transition from Summer to Fall Fashion

This is something you have seen a lot in my Style Saturday posts... or will see a lot coming up soon. There are so many great easy ways to transition your style from summer to fall and thats what I'm going to talk about today. I'm going to talk about fashion... but if you want me to do a makeup one... I could maybe do that too...

1) Cardigans- The easiest way to start the transition from Summer to Fall is to add a cardigan to your t shirt or tank top. It takes me a while to be like "yeah I'm giving up on my tank tops right now." And usually a cardigan helps a lot with that. I really like a nice long cardigan, but regular sized ones are good to use too. It keeps it warm while still allowing you to show off what you were planning to wear anyway. Its a really simple way to keep yourself warm, stylish and comfy.

2) Boots- I love breaking out boots and they're so easy to wear and comfy and you can really wear them with anything. With jeans they look good, with a skirt and knee high socks or leggings or tights they look good. They're just the easiest fashion essential in my opinion and that is usually how I start transitioning my wardrobe. Really simple to just trade sandals in for boots and you'll be a little warmer... probably comfier and more seasonally appropriate!

3) Darker Colors- There are some tops that are just regular tops or tank tops, but they seem more fall appropriate when they're in a darker fall color. Brown looks really great at the end of summer because it looks great with a tan. Also Burgandy is just a great way to start wearing some fall stuff. Everyone looks good in burgundy and its such a great color for fall too! I really love lighter colors in the summer... but in fall dark colors are always really fun!

4) Jackets- This is kind of the same as cardigans... Leather, Pleather, Vegan Leather jackets all look great, especially in the fall. Right now its a little too warm for me to wear right now... but I'm excited to break mine out again. Denim Jackets are great too, I have a nice berry-colored flannel that I just got from Zumiez recently... its a good way to get ready for fall, even if its a little early. I know its actually officially fall now... but it can still feel a little like summer even in NJ.

5) Leggings- Leggings are the comfiest and best way to break into fall. I usually start out wearing them with a long tank top or t shirt, and I of corse transition into sweaters when it gets cold enough. Garage has some great ones, Express and American Eagle... all good places to find leggings with cute designs.

Hope that was helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments