How To-sday: Smokey Eye/ 90s look with Tarte Energy Noir Palette

So I wasn't really planning on posting this... but I really liked the way my makeup turned out today and thought why not share? So here we go!
weird face eye close up 

full face 90s vibe pic

half weird eye face, half full face. 


Eyes 
Primer- Urban Decay Primer Potion.
Shadows- First I took the Matte Purple that is the third color in the 2nd row of shadows in the Energy Noir palette and put that all over my lids. Then I took the matte grayish purple that is the 1st shade in the 2nd row and put that in my crease... Then I took one of the two middle colors in the palette... I think I used the one on the bottom... but I might have ended up using both... and I put that on the outer corner. Then I took the highlight shade which is right under the blush and used that on my inner corners to highlight. And Voila!
Liner- The Catrice Kohl Kajal Liner in You're My Rosen One. I like the formula of this but the pigmentation is nothing special... so I wouldn't quite recommend this. It worked for the look though and I can still tell its there. It very subtly opens the eyes up a little.
Mascara- Covergirl Super Sizer. Love this!

Face 
Primer- Too Faced Hangover Rx
CC Cream- It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination
Powder- Bareminerals Mineral Veil
Concealer- Erase Paste and Maybelline Superstay Better Skin
Contour- I used the elf contour kit. I put the dark cool toned color in the hollows of my cheeks with a real techniques brush and then I went over it with the warmer-toned bronzer color from the kit.
Highlight- The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Poured... which I used after the blush.
Blush- The one from the Tarte Energy Noir Palette.
Setting Spray- Pixi Glow Mist

Lips- L'oreal Le Matte in She's So Matte. Love this lipstick... but when I just went to re-apply it... the tube totally fell out! I stuck it back in but it got a little messed up. I was going to say I need more of these because I love the formula so much... but idk. I still kind of want them... so I probably will get another one if I see one I like... but that bummed me out! This was a free gift with purchase from Ulta... so I'm not too mad about it... but really??? Ugh! I feel like this made it look more 90s cause this is a matte neutral 90s ish color... but the contour and eye work too I think... so yeah.

Comments