On Wednesdays We Wear Pink: Felicity Smoak from Arrow inspired look!

So last year I did something on this blog called On Wednesdays We Wear Pink because of corse October is Breast Cancer awareness month and pink is my favorite color and its a great cause... so I wanted to show my support and raise some awareness by wearing pink clothes and doing pink themed makeup looks.

This year I kind of wanted to challenge myself a bit more... I'm going to kind of combine some halloween elements in this and make sort of wearable looks based on good pink characters from movies and tv shows.

I'm starting with Arrow's Felicity Smoak because her style is probably the most similar to my own. Lol. She's very put together and business like... but she always has some sort of fun whimsical element to her clothes as well. She's really quirky and really awesome and I'm on season 1 now but I love seeing how much her character has developed just in the first season... and I'm looking forward to seeing more about her and her relationship with Oliver Queen... cause I know they get together and I'm all for that. I ship it so hard because he's so hot and she is so quirky and I'm also quirky and would love my own Oliver Queen. If any Super Hot Billionaires with daddy issues that are also good with a bow and arrow want to contact me... hmu. Lol.


Now On with the look!

I decided to use all drugstore products just because I have a feeling thats what Felicity would pick too.

Eyes 
Felicity is more about the pink blush and lips, so I did a simple matte eye look with the Elf Mad for Matte Palette. After I primed (I used UD Primer potion... not drugstore, but the travel size is only $2 more than the palette so it made sense. This is really the only primer that consistently works for me.) I took the pinkish shade that is 2nd in the palette and used that all over the lid. Then In my crease I used the 3rd color in the palette and then the 5th to darken it a little. And I took that a bit into the outer corner too.

I think Felicity wears eyeliner sometimes... I didn't use any, but I rarely wear eyeliner anyway. I used Ulta's Amped Lashes Mascara on my lashes... and that was it.

Face 
For my face I primed with Maybelline's Master Face Studio Blur and Illuminate primer. Haven't used this in a while and I dig it. I also used Maybelline's Superstay Better Skin foundation. Usually Felicity wears a more matte foundation... but my skin was too dry for a matte foundation, so I went with this. I used Superstay Better Skin Concealer as well.

For Blush Felicity always has a really nice pink shade and its very prominent and just looks great with her glasses and everything. I used Nyx HD Blush in Intuition and I love it. This is a super pigmented blush... like tap your blush off or blend the crap out of it. Lol. I also highlighted my cheekbones with Elf's Moonlight Pearls cause she usually does have a pretty noticeable highlight.  And I sprayed with


Lips 
This is the best part I took Elf's Moisturizing Lipstick in Ravishing Rose and used the Nyx Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait on top. She always has a really bright pink lip and it always looks nice and creamy. This combo was great for that.

Hair 
The hair was really easy. She usually has her hair in a low curly ponytail with her hair around where you would have a hairband. You can curl your hair if you want, but I already have curly hair, so I just put it in a regular ponytail and then took a strand of hair and wrapped it around and secured it with a tiny clip.

Outfit 


The outfit is my other favorite part lol. Felicity is usually dressed in Work Appropriate clothes, but in bright fun colors and cute patterns and stuff. I'm wearing a tank top with a sort of tiered ruffly design that has squares all around it and is a little sparkly. I got this years ago at New York and Company... and actually my sweater is from there too. Its just a pink cardigan with a sparkly stripes on it. I've had  this even before I started working at New York and Company so... this is a long time ago. Lol.

My jeans are from American Eagle. My Necklace is From American Eagle and my Earrings are from Express. And the boots I got from Famous Footwear Outlets.

I actually love this look. My neighbor kept commenting about how cute it looked so thats a good sign and I think I got the look down and its a little like me... but also I hardly wear this bright of a lip with that strong of a blush and my hair never looks like this... so I dig it!


Hope you guys liked this! If you have any other character suggestions, particularly for ladies that wear pink, let me know!


Byeeee!
-Shannon


Comments