Drugstore Picks: Hair

So apparently I'm making this a series. Basically I just take my favorites from the drugstore, things I'd pick for different events or different things and I just pick what I would pick for these events... this is a bad way of describing it. I have my picks for Prom makeup from the drugstore and I think I just posted my drugstore skin care picks... and this is my picks for hair. I've probably talked about all of these... but yeah. These are good.

For Shampoo and Conditioner my picks are the L'oreal Advanced Moisture shampoo and conditioner. I don't know if this is what its really called... I'm trying to find it on Ulta's app and I don't see it... which is scary, but I just got it and the package is slightly different... Its actually called the Power Moisture shampoo and conditioner but its in their advanced line I think... idk. Lol. Anyway hopefully its still available its good for dry hair. It says for normal to dry hair, very moisturizing. L'oreal actually bought the brand Kiehls, which is a very good high end hair brand that I used to use a lot and my dad and sister love. I feel like the quality of L'oreal's hair line has gone up a lot since then. Most of the products I'm going to mention are from L'oreal. These are my favorite shampoo and conditioner I've tried. Its really made a difference.

L'oreal also has great deep conditioners too. I've tried the Total Advanced 5 conditioner and I really loved it. Used it up. I then tried the Power Moisture one and I like that a little better. The one I just used was the Total Repair 5 emergency recovery mask which is also amazing. These you just leave in your hair for 5 like 3-5 minutes and then wash it out. Or you could keep it in overnight then wash it out in the morning. Really good.

Since I'm talking about L'oreal I'll mention the other products I use from them. My favorite is the Evercream Moisturizing Leave  in Spray. I have very dry tangly hair, and what I do is just spray this in my hair and comb it out and there are no tangles. I also like the Extraordinary oil and the dry oil spray that they have. Right now I have the Extraordinary oil in the Dry to Coarse hair, I've also tried the one for normal hair and the regular dry oil spray. All are good. It kind of depends on your hair, I like the Extraordinary oil a little better because of the pump... but the packaging isn't always that good. I had problems with my pump on the newest one I got, so I just took my old pump and used that. Its also pretty hard to pump once it gets to the bottom, but its still useable. Just take the lid off. These make the hair shiny and add a bit of moisture and just makes your hair look healthy and nice.

But yeah, if you have a good pump, hang on to it just in case you need a new one I guess. Lol.

Something I don't currently have but I've used up twice and really liked is the Pantene BB Cream. When I ran out of the Ouidad Curl Defining souffle last year, I used this in its place. It doesn't curl that well and the Ouidad one is wayyy better... but this does a good job of hydrating. It also controls your hair. If you have curly hair and you can only comb it when its wet, this helps tame it a little bit... thats also what I use the L'oreal Oil's for, so I don't totally need both of them. I like the oils a little better... but this is good too. This works better when your hair is wet and the L'oreal works better when dry.

I've tried a few different dry shampoos from the drugstore that I've liked a lot. The one I'm currently using is the Batiste. I got a travel set of these, and I like keeping them in my bag in case I need to touch up throughout the day. These are good for volume and just making your hair look clean. I also like the Garnier dry shampoo a lot. It smells amazing and I think that one was a little less drying on my hair. Both are good... I don't really have a preference lol.

2 styling products I really like from the drugstore, especially for summer time are the Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray and texturizing cream. These are really nice and give a nice natural curl. If you like the beachy waves look, these are really great. They add a lot volume. These kind of dried my hair out when I was using them alone, but now that I use them in addition to the Ouidad products, its a lot better. These have a nice smell to them too. Really like them. And they're really affordable. I don't think any of these products are over $10. Maybe the Evercream depending on where you buy it... but its 7.99 at Wegmans and Harmon I think...so yeah. All great products and really you could just use these alone and get a great look. I need the ouidad products also because thats just what works best for my hair... but these are all great picks.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments