Review: L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation: Is it good for dry skin?

Now I've heard amazing things about the new L'oreal Infallible foundation. I've also heard "If you have dry skin, don't buy this, this will not work for you." I HATE that. There really aren't many full coverage foundations for people with dry skin, and I want a full coverage foundation... so of corse I wanted to try this. And I kind of considered not buying it because its expensive and it might not work for me... but it actually wasn't that expensive at Target. It was 11.99... which seems reasonable enough for me. I also heard some tips from people from the Tati app. Tati Westbrook aka Glamlifeguru on youtube has an app and I've really been liking it. Its a very easy way to get instant tips, tricks and feedback from people. Tati comments on it herself from time to time, as well as other people from the app comment. Its just nice to find people that are similar to you and get tips from them.

Okay so this isn't an app review... lol. This is a foundation review. Honestly I was willing to try it because I did like the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation a lot for a long time... and that doesn't necessarily work for me right now I think it got a little old and the formula didn't work as well anymore... but it worked well for a while. And I thought this might to.

And honestly I can recommend this! I'm excited. So far, I have to work with it a little bit... but it still works easily. Now that I'm getting the hang of it a little more... its working a little better.

The way I initially started applying it isn't something that I can really do everyday. I tried wearing this the same way 3 days in a row... and by the third day I really REALLY had to work to make my skin look not so dry. And the way I've applied it to get the fullest coverage works pretty well... so it sucks it doesn't work everyday... but it still works, so I'll do this if I feel like I need some more coverage or something.

First I moisturized my face a lot with the Ponds Moisturizer. Then I spray with Pixi's Glow Mist. Then I put the foundation on and then I use the Maybeline MasterFace Illuminati primer or whatever its called. Lol. And then I'll spray more Glow Mist as necessary.

One way I applied it and got a much lighter coverage... that worked... but I didn't like quite as much was that I primed with Maybeline's Babyskin Primer and then I mixed the foundation with the Masterface Illuminati primer and applied it with the Real Techniques Beauty Sponge... I actually used a few layers of the foundation because it didn't really show up at all. And it did look nice and there was some coverage... but it was super super light and didn't totally work. I had no problem with lasting power the other way... this way I had some big problems with... so that was a bit of an issue. But... it looked okay. This claims to be ridiculously long wearing and I think thats true... but mixed with other things... meh. Not so sure. I'm going to try it mixed with some other things and also just applied on its own with the sponge and kind of see what works the best.

I applied it alone with the beauty sponge and mehhhh? Did not give the coverage I wanted. It was easy to build up. I think my sponge was a little too wet though, I should have just used it a little damp because it doesn't cling to my dry patches too bad or anything... but its also not giving me the coverage I want. Which is what I hate. I wanted this because its pretty full coverage...so yeah.

Update: my skin has gotten a little better recently. I just got a sample of the Purity cleanser from sephora, and I think its been helping hydrate my skin even better. I ended up having a really good make up day using this with the maybeline masterface primer and the Pixi Glow Mist and some of the highlighters from the Pixi palette... so that's pretty cool. I've been liking it and right now I'll continue to use this, probably not on an everyday basis though cause its a bit too full coverage for me.

Hope this was helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments