How To-sday: Spring Nail Art!

So this is kind of a whimsical mixed and matched spring nail art thats super super easy to do... but I used complicated polishes, so that kind of made it more difficult... but... I'll explain lol.


Polishes/tools Used:

Light Blue: Color Club Meet Me At The Rink
Gold: OPI Designer De Better (not available anymore... but you could do it with any goldish color.Or a yellow or something... its pretty customizable)
Coral: Color Club Hot Hot Hot Pants
Lilac: Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Lacey Lilac
White: Art Club White Nail Striper (these are great and have an easy formula... but I think I'm allergic to it because if I get it on my skin I break out... so if you're sensitive to paint, be careful with that... but yeah.)
Mint: Sally Hansen Xtreme Cream in Mint Sorbet
Dotting Tool (you could use a paper clip too in a pinch. Anything that looks like a dot really will work. Lol.)

So on my Left hand I did a light blue base. And then I took a dotting tool and put the gold color on it first and then I dotted the white color on around that gold dot... and I just did 2 more flowers on also. These are super easy, they don't really have to be perfect... and they look super cute. I think on some of my nails I used the small end of the dotting tool for the gold dots and a larger one for the flowers... but you could do whatever. I did that on my pinky finger, index finger and thumb.

I also did the same thing on my right hand, but I used Lacey Lilac instead because I like that formula a lot. And I only ended up doing two flowers on my pinky of my right hand.

On my ring finger , for my left hand I used the Coral color and then took a dotting tool and just put some gold polka dots over it. I wait for the base to dry completely before doing the art on it, just so you know. I also did the same thing on the ring finger on my right hand, but I used a mint color as the base. Same gold polka dots.

For my middle finger on my left hand I used the Lilac color and I just did one little flower design with the gold polish in the center and the coral color for the flower petals. And for the middle finger on my right hand, I just painted it OPI's Designer De Better all over the nail.

The only polishes that I maybe wouldn't use for nail art are the Color Club polishes. I love Color Club as a brand, they have really great colors and they're more affordable than a lot of other places... but the formula's of these particular polishes weren't the best. I was really excited to just do the blue colors with the daisies... but it was taking forever for me to apply the colors and for them to dry. I don't usually have good luck with light colors, usually the formula is watery and hard to apply... these are workable if you love the color... I've never seen anything like the coral color... I've heard Color Club's Take Me To Your Chateau is really really good and amazing formula (Coffeebreakwithdanni recommended that on youtube... lol.) but yeah. The Sally Hansen ones are AMAZING though. I don't have any problems with the formula's of these... and some of the Sally Hansen Extreme wear polishes are crap... but the ones that work are some of the absolute best ever! I've also never had trouble with an OPI polish... and for some reason, I really don't have many OPI colors in my collection... I possibly want some more... They're expensive... but have great formula.

Alrighty that is about it. Hope you guys liked this No Make Up How To-sday and I hope it was helpful and non-confusing.

Ohhh and I used a topcoat. I used an old LA Colors one or LA Girl or whatever... not the best, but it worked. I've had this on for a couple days and it hasn't chipped yet... which is good for me. Lol.

NO MAKE UP UPDATE: Today I felt way cuter. I did a mask yesterday, I'm all nice and moisturized and my skin looks good . I wore a statement necklace, which is always a fun thing to do if you aren't wearing make up. My Ulta order came too! I'm a little tempted to try on but not wear the lipstick... but I'm going to resist. Also my Nyx blush in Taupe came completely SHATTERED and idk if I want to keep it and do the alcohol trick or return it... it seems like such a hassle to return it for a few dollars... but its also probably bad to keep damaged merchandise... idk. lol. I feel like I'll just want it again and try to buy it again if I return it and it won't be cheaper... but I also feel like I wouldn't use it a whole lot with the alcohol trick... so idk. Idk if the alcohol trick works or if I even have rubbing alcohol in the house... idk lol.


Byeeeeee!
-Shannon


Comments