Brand Collection: Stila

Heyyy guys! So Stila is a brand I actually have a lot of and I really used to like them a lot because they had more affordable things for a high end brand... but now they're releasing bigger palettes with better packaging and stuff... so their prices have gone up a bit... which kinda sucks. But its still a good brand and here is just what I have from them.

I actually have 2 palettes from them, and I don't think they make either any more. One is called Haute in the Hamptons and its a tiny palette that was like $15 at Sephora a long time ago. I think they have these types of things on Hautelook quite often, but I haven't seen it at sephora. It has 4 eyeshdaows, one thats a light color, a slightly bronzier shade, a greyish shade and a blue shade. And then there are a couple of blushes which are nice. This was one of the palettes I got when I was first getting into make up, and I don't use it much anymore, but I still have it because its cute and its probably still good. Idk. Have you guys ever seen these? They're good for beginners.

I also have their In The Light Palette which you can probably still find. This was my first high end neutral palette and I really like it and I still use it. Some of the shades aren't that great. The shimmers are absolutely awesome. It comes with Kitten, which they are pretty famous for and I just think its an overall awesome palette. Really like it.

I also have another single shadow of Kitten that came in one of their holiday things that they did with baublebar. I like that I have it in a single and in a palette because I think I'm about to hit pan on the palette. There are several dupes, I actually have a post on this blog of all the different Kitten Dupes I have in my collection... but this is just a buttery soft super pigmented formula that there really aren't a lot of, so that is cool.

Also in the Baublebar kit were 3 of their lip glazes and I actually have another three of their lip glazes also. I love these, they're so pretty, I used to use them a ton because some are near the bottom of the tube. They have a lot of these kits that come 3 for $15, so that plus the baublebar thing is how I ended up with 6 of them. These are a little sticky, but they last a long time on the lips because of that... and yeah. I just really like using them.

I have also tried some of their liners. Their liquid liner is the easiest liquid liner I've ever used. It gives such a nice precise line that is almost fool proof. I'm not that good with liquid liners and I think its not that hard to use.

I also have tried 2 of their smudgesticks. Currently I have Mint Julep which is a really fun mint color that looks great on the lower lashline or in the waterline. I love it for spring and summer... but I've been using it now too because why not. I've also tried Damsel, and I got rid of it recently because I had had it for a while... I don't think it dried up or anything, but I thought it might be better to throw it out... I kind of regret that, but it was also a really good blackish brown color. It stayed put pretty well and these are creamy and easy to use. I used Damsel on the lower lashline, waterline, on my top lashes... just everywhere and it worked really good. These are like a pencil liner/liquid liner hybrid which I think is cool. There are Maybeline ones and i think Ulta has similar ones... so they aren't necessarily anything you need to spend $20 on... but they're good regardless and I'm happy I have the mint julep one.

I also tried a mascara sample from them that I really liked. No one ever talks about Stila mascaras, but I remember trying it and it was nice. I don't know the exact name of it or if they have it anymore, but it was good and if they have it as a 100 point perk or something, its worth a try.

So yeah. I really like Stila as a brand, but at the same time... there are cheaper alternatives to all of their products that are just as good if not better. The Liner is my favorite I've used... but its not that different from the Jordana fabuliner. Their eyeshadows are really nice... but now that they've raised the prices I probably won't buy any more palettes from them. I've heard that their Eyes are the Windows palette in Mind I think it is... the all matte version... is really good. Marlena from MakeUpGeek on youtube raves about it and she actually makes her own eyeshadows... so that says something... but yeah. That is kind of my thoughts on Stila as a brand at the moment. They are fantastic... but dupe-able.

Hope this was helpful!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments