Nail Art: Super Easy Glitter Tips

So I think I saw this technique on Nailstormings instagram, but I think a lot of people do this. Its really easy and you don't need any professional nail tools for this!

What I used 

Base Coat- Orly Bonder
Purple color- Essie's Floralista
Glitter- Color Club's Snow Flakes (this was LTD. any color will do, but this has pretty gold and green sparkle. Sinful colors usually has good glitters like this also.)
Top Coat- Seche Vite
Tool- Spongetip applicator

So this is so basic that its kind of silly for me to explain... but you just paint your nails like normal. Use a base coat if you like, then use your desired color. Then just take your glitter polish and put a lot of it on the spongetip applicator. Its good when you're using any sort of tool like this to load the polish onto the tool because it'll show up well and its actually pretty easy to control.

Then just place the glitter on the tips of the nails. I didn't pay much attention to how I placed the colors on, but you can really make a lot of different shapes with it. You can just put it all across the tip and have like a half glitter top, which I did on my thumbs. You can do kind of a triangle if you take a little bit of the very tip triangular part of the spongetip applicator on the tip. And you could even do it so that it kind of fades down so that that its kind of like a gradient fade-down. And then I just put my top coat on top of it... I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing. This is kind of a goopy glitter and sometimes that kind of messes up more with a top coat... but I've had more luck with this polish than I've had with like a sinful colors polish... so depending on the goopiness of the polish, you may want to skip the top coat.

I think this look is really fun and its pretty easy but looks unique and like you put a lot of time into your nails. These are actually my high school colors, so this would have been great when I was in high school... but I never tried it then. Lol.

So yeah, I hope you guys like this look! I like doing these nail posts and I kind of want to do them once a week or so... but I'm not all that creative, so it may end up being less. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments