Make Up Look + First Impressions of new products

Sooo I just got done doing my make up and I'm probably going no where... but I just got new stuff and if I didn't try it I was going to explode... lol. Thats just what would happen. So I will share the look and tell you my thoughts.

I forgot to use an eye primer I was so excited lol. I started with the KathleenLights foursome from Colourpop and I took my pinky finger and put the color Cornelius in my crease. These apply nicely with fingers... which is nice cause I don't have too many brushes lol. I didn't love this when I was first playing around with the shadows, but I liked it today. I then took my fingers and put the color KathleenLights all over my lid and I left a little room at the end cause I put Blaze and I wanted to keep some room for that, I didn't want the shadows to overlap too much because I want the Blaze color to stand out. I then took the Elf eye brush, its flat but still kinda fluffy and I took the shade Glow which is a matte cream shade and used that on my browbone and inner corner. And that worked really well and I really liked it.

This is kind of the type of look I like to do everyday, these colors are really warm and pigmented and I like them a lot... Idk I love the colors and pigmentation... I think I need a primer to use with these... but they're good. If you like the colors and you like Kathleen... go for these.

Next I moved on to my face... and here is where I get a little mad lol, but for a good reason. I took my Maybeline Masterface illuminati primer and I primed with that and then I used Covergirls Ready Set Gorgeous and dotted that on my face and then I took an actual real life BeautyBlender. This came in a kit that I got yesterday I think its a $20 sponge and thats stupid. Its not life changing, its not gonna buy you dinner or do your laundry or taxes or anything... its a frickin sponge that costs $20... that isn't cool. But everyone says its amazing and the best thing in the world and you won't understand until you try it... and its good. It is really good. Its probably better than the drugstore versions I've tried... but I mean it still isn't completely life changing its a sponge... so I probably won't buy another one because... idk if I can express the fact that this is a SPONGE! Lol. I still think its stupid... but it worked well... so yeah.

Then for Blush I went in with Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Fearless... this is really light. I built it up a little and it didn't show up that well... I may need a less fluffy blush brush for this... Idk. People Rave about Tarte's Blushes and usually don't love their eyeshadows. I love their eyeshadows and I haven't been thrilled with their blushes. I don't love it as much as other blushes I've tried from high end or drugstore... lol. This is what really sold me on the kit too... so that kind of sucks but... yeah. I also used Benefit's Watt's Up Highlight. I prefer the non stick form now that I've tried both. Not a big deal, I'll just use my hands with this.... but just thought I'd let you know cause I was excited for it in stick form. I guess it shows up better and its easy to blend... so maybe this is better. Idk.

I then used my new favorite lip combo of life. ColourPop's Lumiere lippie stick and Nars Turkish Delight Lipgloss. I've never purchased a Nars Product on its own, I've only got them in kits... but I have this and the Orgasm Blush and they are really really good. And I'm impressed and mad cause I want more! Lol. I definitely want more of the lip glosses... idk. These are awesome.

And I used my Urban Decay all Nighter Setting Spray and set it all in place. I feel like I used too much and it got my eyeshadows a little messed up... but not too bad. I then used Tarte's Lights Camera Splashes after setting it... Not impressed to be honest... It looks good on the ends, which I really like but the overall look is nothing too special. I'm more concerned with the Water-proofness of it... so yeah.

And that is it! Tomorrow I might try to do something with the Too Faced Sugar Pop. We shall see... yeah.

Byeee!
-Shannon.


Comments