March Favorites

I feel like I have a lot! I've been trying out so many different things too that I didn't necessarily have a steady routine all this month or use the same products every single day this month... but I've been liking what I've been tryin and that is always a good thing!

Skincare favorite! The Garnier Charcoal scrub has been pretty amazing. I have dry skin, but I have some pretty big pores and I get blackheads from time to time and this really helps keep them away. I feel like Charcoal just works really well for my skin, so whenever something has charcoal in it, I get interested and I was and I tried this and its really good! Its pretty gentle, but it is still a little harsh on my chin which is my dry problem area. Other than that, I've noticed a pretty big difference from using this.

For my hair, I just got it cut pretty short and I still use my Ouidad products and love them a lot... but I've also been loving the Not Your Mothers Beach Babe texturizing cream and sea salt spray. These are both really good for helping hold my curl and creating a lot of volume for my hair. They can be a little dry, but as long as I use them with the Ouidad products, they work pretty well for me and I've just really been liking them.

Ohhh another favorite that is sort of an always favorite Ponds Dry Skin Cream. This is old and cheap and good... so I'm not going to talk about it too much lol.

My favorite scent combo this month has been the Endless Weekend Triple Moisture Body Cream with the Country Chic fine fragrance mist... this is amazing. I don't think Country Chic is available regularly anymore which sucks, but Endless weekend on its own is pretty similar and their new love sunshine scent or whatever is also pretty similar. These layered together is just next level summery clean goodness. This will probably be my spring scent its just sooo soo good.

For Make Up... which is the exciting part really, I have been all over the place... but I do sort of have my picks.

I've really been loving the Ulta Cream shadow in Rose Gold. This is just a really pretty color on its own or under a shadow. It doesn't have amazing lasting power, but I love the way it looks underneath Urban Decay's Sin. I think I'm going to buy the original Naked Palette just because I like this shadow so much. There are lots of colors like it, I have a whole list under the name "Dupes for Stila's Kitten" but this is just what I've been liking lately and its awesome.

I have... a lot of palettes I've been using and loving to. The 2 L'oreal Palettes... amazing! I wish we had drugstore palettes when I was in high school! These are really good quality and easy to work with and they're super affordable and nice. The Maybeline Nudes... also a winner in my opinion. I was hesitant on this because a lot of people gave it bad reviews, but I really like it and I can work with the colors enough to get pigmentation... plus there are a lot of nice crease colors that are really good. The Naked 3 and the Too Faced Chocolate Bar have been my current favorites. These are awesome. Easy to come up with looks and there are a lot of nice neutrals. These are kind of "Going out" types of shades... but they're awesome and can be used day to day and look amazing.

Ulta's Amped Up Mascara and the Twice as Nice Mascara also quite amazing. These are a little pricey for drugstore products... but they're sooo soo good! I keep going back and forth between whats my favorites. I think the Amped Up is a little better... but the Twice as nice is also good... so yeah. Both give a lot of length and volume and just make your lashes look BA BAM!

For foundation I've been using the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte. I've used this a bunch of different ways... and I love the coverage and the shade, it is a bit dry on me though. I like it with the Pixi Glow Mist. It works well with the Maybeline Masterface Illuminati (master primer  by facestudio in illuminating. I make this joke every time and I explain it every time... but it seems necessary.) on top of it. I haven't liked it underneath. The Real Techniques Beauty Sponge works well with it too. Its good with cream products. I just like it overall but it is high maintenance for my dry skin.

Also the Benefit Erase Paste Concealer. This is amazing. It really does erase. I didn't love it at first, but now I've really really been liking it. I'm picky with my concealers and this is what works best for me of all the things I've tried. It helps with redness and dark circles... I just really really like it.

My Sephora Microsmooth Baked Blush in Guava Glow. Amazing. I've been using this a lot this month. Its like 3 blushes in one, its pretty amazing. I have a whole post coming up about this in the near future... so I don't know if I want to talk too much about it, but the color is so pretty and its really nice.

For lips, the only new thing that I haven't mentioned a ton is the Rimmel Lasting Finish Color Rush balm stain thingy. This leaves a nice stain on the list and its really pretty. They smell really good too and its not uncomfortable on.

Random favorite: In the Ulta freebie bag I got with the $20 Ulta purchase or whatever it came with a really good brush that works perfectly in the crease!

And that is everything! Long list, but I tried a lot out this month and it all seemed to work well for me, so that is pretty cool!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments