August Favorites 2015

Favorite Palette would probably have to be the Makeup Revolution Romantic Smokey Palette. I just got that this month and its $7 but its honestly as good as Urban Decay... so keep that in mind if you want a naked palette lol. I love Urban Decay... but this was seriously good. I love this palette in particular because most of the Makeup Revolution Palettes are kind of just dupes for other palettes... but this is pretty unique. It has burgundy and olive green and like a matte purple-y color. Its so unique and you can do a ton of really gorgeous looks with it. Its possibly the best 7 bucks you could spend on makeup... really great and I dig it!

Another fave that you can probably guess because I've mentioned these so many times in weekly favorites are basically everything I used for bronzing highlighting and blush this month... so The Makeup Revolution Bronzer in Ready To Go, the Catrice Bronzing Pen, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Liquid in Opal in the little doe foot applicator version and the becca beach tint shimmer soufflé in watermelon moonstone. All of these are gorgeous and give the most gorgeous glow to the skin. I can't get enough of it and they're all kind of must haves. I really really like them.

For face, I've mentioned my love for Maybeline Superstay better skin foundation and concealer along with the cover girl outlast primer... so I'm just going to say those are continuous favorites. They're really great products and I love them. One I haven't mentioned in a while that is my favorite concealer is the Benefit Erase Paste... I love this for under my eyes and it works on blemishes too. Its really a great concealer, highly recommend splurging on that... you'll get a ton of use out of it, I've had mine since it was snowing out lol.

And also new discovery of the month the Elf HD Face Powder. This is such a nice setting powder, even though its messy and if you get it somewhere it might kind of look like cocaine... lol. Its a really nice powder it perfects pores and does a great job setting the makeup. I really really like it and will continue to use it and repurchase it even though its messy and the packaging is massive.

I'm going to move on to non make up favorites and go with the John Frieda 7 day volume in shower treatment. I've used this differently than what the directions say and I've used it the way the directions say and I like them both. I got a sample in my Target Beauty Box and I bought a full size... which I don't like as much because of the packaging... but I plan on reviewing that and I'll talk about that there... Its just a good product and it does make my hair pretty and curly and voluminous. Really dig.

I've also been liking the One n Only Argan Oil the past few days. Holy grail product for me. I don't know why no one talks about it. Its amazing. It smells amazing. It makes my hair shiny and beautiful and I love it. Great product. I also love the L'oreal Evercream Nourishing Leave In Spray. This is great for detangling. Another total holy grail for me... don't know why no one talks about this. I like it better than the Its a Ten and its so much cheaper with wayyy more product. Really great.

I've also been loving the American Eagle Live Your Life Perfume. This smells very Vanilla-y but really good and it lasts a long time and its kind of different and I really love the bottle and its just cute. Its not too heavy, but it isn't too light either, so its really really good!

I've been loving chokers this month... shocker. And American Eagle has a bunch and I love them! American Eagle has kind of just been a favorite this month cause I've bought a lot from there and its all really cute and makes me feel really good about myself and with losing weight and everything I feel like I needed some new clothes and these were all really good. I'm obviously a fan of the store... but the stuff they've had recently is even better. I dig it.

Another randomish thing is the L'oreal Nail Polish Line. I got 3 colors from Target because they were on sale and were ridiculously cheap and I love all these colors. They are just awesome. Not A Cloud In Sight is probably my favorite. Target tends to do a lot of nail polish clearance on weekends and Fridays I've heard... so definitely check the beauty aisles for clearance on those days. I usually find at least one thing that is pretty awesome and that day I hit the jackpot with nail polish and even got a great Sonia Kashuk makeup bag... so I was excited. Lol.

That is everything! Hope you guys had a great month and have another great September! Yes back to school can really suck... but you'll be out of school wondering what to do with your life before you know it... so enjoy it while you can and maybe get some cute makeup if your school/ parents allow it (my school didn't allow it in middle school... which is a bummer.) and just play around, have some fun. You don't need make up, but its always fun to wake up before school and go "I'm an artist and my face is my canvas." Lol. Cheesy but true!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments