First Impression Friday: Too Faced Stardust by Vegas Nay Palette

So I just got the new too faced Vegas Nay Palette... I'm really excited about it, I love the way it looks... nice nice palette and I'm excited to put it to the test today.

So I'm really happy with the look I did. I think this is one of my favorite eye looks and my face looks pretty good too. So lets talk about the eyes!

I used Pink Pearl in the inner corner... I love the pinkness of this color and I wanted just a little bit of pink. Then I took Showgirl and Packed that on the rest of my lid. Its this gorgeous copper color, one of my favorites of the palette... looks really great on the lids. I put Girl's Night in the crease, this is a great dark matte brown color. Really great for the crease. And then on the outer corner I used Jackpot which is a gorgeous shimmery dark brown... looks really pretty on... love it. And then for the browbone I used Chandelier, which is a great matte white color. So thats nice.

The kit also came with a Better than Sex Mascara. The palette itself is really nice, but in the kit it comes with a Shadow Insurance primer, a Better than Sex Mascara and a pigment which I'm really excited to use. You also get a useful guide book of looks to do and its nice. I used that... and I've had a sample before and didn't love it... I think it dried out or something, but this one was really quite nice! I like the way it looks on my lashes right now.

Another thing I'm trying for the first time is the L'oreal Le Matte lipstick in She's So Matte... and I love it already! These are so easy to put on and don't feel drying at all! This color is nice too glad I got it for free with my Ulta purchase. Lol. I was going to use a gloss with it, but it looked so nice on its own and felt really great, so I'm pretty happy with it!

Lets see how this holds up! I'm not doing much today I don't think... but I may clean my room. I may go outside, I may use this for the Gym... we'll see how it holds up! I am using Urban Decay's Primer Potion with it.

Check in 1: 
Held up nicely so far! Its been a few hours I think. Pretty sure I put everything on around 10 or 11? Not 100% certain. I didn't do much, so I wasn't expecting it to be bad... but there is a heatwave today, so if it were really bad, it would look pretty bad. I'm about to truly test this at the gym... we shall see what happens... may take off my face makeup because that scares me to wear at the gym. Might waterproof my mascara, but I'll keep the shadow on.

My face is dry and the foundation looks pretty bad on now anyway... so I don't feel bad about taking it off. I really need a new blender too because it looks a little streaky.

Check in #2: 

This... survived the gym! I was working out for like 45 minutes and the shadows stayed put nicely! The mascara is pretty in place too, I used Ulta's Rain Coat Topcoat. I don't usually have a ton of problems with my eyelids getting sweaty... but usually it would be off after a pretty intense work out and this stayed on really nicely! Really happy with it. I'll check in at the end of the night with how it comes off and stuff like that. And I'll do a review of packaging and stuff like that also.


Check in #3 

Not on that well now... It lasted pretty much all night though. I went to a DJ event for my sister's wedding she was booking someone. We have a DJ and MC and everything so thats cool. I rubbed my eyes a little bit, the air in NJ is just not good right now and I think my eyes are drying because of it. There's a fire in the Pine Barrens and its bad. But anyway yeah most of the makeup stayed on all day and all night and it was an actually busy day... so it had a good run and now its time to come off... lol.

Other useful things 

I really like the packaging on this. I prefer cardboard to anything fancy. Metal is kind of clunky, my Chocolate Bar Palette is broken in half... the magnet on this is good. It comes in a nice big box that also has an eyeshadow primer, mascara and a pigment so thats good. There are 12 shades total, nicely packaged with the name under it. Big sizes as well and good quality.

The color selection I really love because there are like pinks and purples and smokey colors and mattes and the glitters have TONS of glitter and it basically has every color you would need for a full look. And you can come up with quite a few looks with these... so I like it.

To me, it doesn't look super luxurious, like its not all metallic like the Urban Decay Naked palette or the Too Faced Chocolate bar... but as I said, I prefer cardboard. Wayyy more practical, the magnet lasts way better.

The color selection is great... but honestly you can probably find these colors anywhere. If you have the Chocolate Bar Palette, this is similar. If you have a lot of neutrals and purples this is similar. They are such a great quality though that I kind of feel like this could easily become one of my favorite palettes. I really like shimmery shadows and the shimmer on these are just so pretty.

It also comes with a look-book with cards that look like instagram pictures, which I love and... yeah. I personally think all the colors are really fun and if you love eyeshadow palettes, if you love creating fancy glittery looks for day to day, this is great. My eye look was really easy too it did not take much time at all, it came out so nice too... and there are just so many fun looks with this palette. I think I want to try to do a faces of the week with just this palette. That might be fun!

So yeah. Is it worth the hype? Yes. Do you need it? Probably not, it isn't that unique but at the same time it is more fun than most palettes. Plus I'm having fun creating looks with my friend that has it and comparing them and seeing what she does and how it wears. We're both huge makeup addicts and so we both needed this and its just so much fun! Hahaha!

So yeah. If you're in the market, definitely get this!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments