How To-sday: No Eye Make Up Look

So my eyes are a little puffy right now and I don't want to risk making it worse by putting on eye makeup... so I'm doing a pretty simple face look that looks dramatic and different enough to look pretty put together with no eye make up. This is great if eyeshadow doesn't stay on you, if you have hooded eyes and have trouble making eyeshadow look noticeable, or if you just don't like eyeshadow. Or just for allergy season. I like the way the look turned out a lot!

So first I primed my face with the Too Faced Hangover Rx primer. I like this because it moisturizes the face too and I have dry skin. I'm using a CC Cream, but sometimes that looks clingy... so this helps a lot for that. Then I put a pump of the It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination cream on and I dotted that around my face and blended it in with a damp Real Techniques sponge. Its really kind of sad to use a new sponge and get it dirty. I felt bad using it because it was brand new... but I didn't just buy it to stare at it... its pretty ugly lol. But it looks better when its not dirty with foundation and now it is sadly.

After that I did some contouring with my Elf Contour Kit. I think I'm going to have a review of this tomorrow... not quite sure. I think I've used it enough to do a review of it... but yeah. I used the darkest shade to contour with. Then I took the lighter bronzer shade in the palette and put that on top of the contour and blended it out. Then I used a light pink shade from the Light Blush Palette from Elf on my cheeks. I popped this shade out of the blush palette and put it in the Contour Kit because that was more convenient for me.

I didn't use either highlight shade in the palette for highlighting, but I used the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter Poured in the shade opal. I have this shade in the liquid formula with the applicator... and I kind of prefer that. They're pretty similar though, if I had to buy the full size of this or the full size of the liquid I'd say this is better. Its really creamy its cheaper and probably easier to apply for basically the same product. I have trouble applying the liquid in the pump... idk I tried it on my hand and it was hard to blend out. This one was good though! I'm a fan so far. Although it was slightly difficult. I got it on sale from Ulta they had a deal for Platinum members in the 21 days of beauty. I don't know if its worth $38 but definitely $19 or even if you get it for 20% off. Its good.

Then I set it all with the Bareminerals Mineral Veil Setting Powder. Love this stuff. And then used the L'oreal Infallible Setting Spray.

And for my lips I used Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Slick in the shade Rich Rasin which is a nice berry color. It has a funny taste to it... but these are easy to apply and pigmented and they feel so nice.

And here's the look It actually showed up even though the CC+ Cream has SPF 50 and has never showed up for me before! Yayyy! :



closer look of contour and highlight 


I liked the way it turned out even without eye makeup. I like all the products an aside from the Lip color and setting spray it is all cruelty free I believe! So its almost entirely Cruelty Free!

Ohhh no its not I forgot about my concealers lol. Before contouring I put on Benefit Erase Paste and Maybelline Superstay Better Skin. Its easy to replace with your favorite CF products though!

Hope this was helpful! Byeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments