Review: John Frieda 7 Day Volume In Shower Treatment

So I tried this in a Target Beauty Box and I liked it, so I got a full size and... I have a few thoughts.

So first off the packaging of the full size... I don't like it. It looks pretty and everything, but I hate the pump. I almost didn't buy it because of the pump, I was afraid it would get stuck because usually thicker products don't work well with pumps... thats not the case for this... but the pump is impossible to open! I can't untwist it, idk if its just a bad bunch or something. I'm just using it without the pump... but I don't like that as much. The product itself still works... but I just don't like the way the packaging makes you pump it out.

Anyway this product is intended to be used once a week and you're supposed to leave it in your hair for like 5 minutes, rinse it out and then blow dry it. This is in addition to a shampoo and conditioner. I've used this a bunch of different ways. I've done that way, I've used it after my shower and haven't blow-dried it or rinsed it out. I've rinsed it and haven't blow-dried it. I've left it in and blow-dried it... and it works for me any way I've done it. I think my hair is a little more curly and voluminous when I don't rise it out or blow-dry it. It still gives volume to my hair and makes it a little extra curly. If you have fine or straight hair, it might work better to use it as directed. If you have thick, natural curls it might work better my way. I like the way my hair looks blow dried... but in the summer I've been pulling my hair back a lot so it hasn't been quite as curly as it usually is, so I haven't been blowdrying it... but this has helped a lot with the curliness.

Would I repurchase this? I think so. It comes with a coupon for $1 off in the box itself, so I feel like that makes up for the packaging issue for me. It isn't expensive and at least for summer, its been kind of a life saver to me. I wasn't quite sure if this was what was working for my hair, but I don't see what else could have worked for it. I hadn't changed anything else up except using this and it really helped keep the curl in my hair. So if you're having a little trouble with curls or volume, give this a chance!

That is everything I wanted to mention. What are your favorite hair care items? I have a few holy grail hair items that are never really talked about! Like the L'oreal Evercream Leave in Conditioner and the One n Only Argan oil... let me know!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments