Review: Makeup Revolution Romantic Smokey Palette

I've said it before , I'll say it again... this palette is the best $7 that you'll spend on a make up palette ever. Such a great quality and If it weren't for the packaging, which isn't terrible at all, I wouldn't know it wasn't a high end palette.

This palette is really unique in the selection of colors it has. There are a lot of neutrals, some purples, an almost burgundy color and some nice olive greens. Although you can't really use all of these together for a look that makes sense, you can definitely come up with a lot of neutral smokey looks with some color that will look really great. I love the colors in this palette because they are so different that it forces you to step out of your comfort zone and try something that has a bit of a color to it. I've always been afraid of olive greens, I think it is a color that looks good on everyone... but its scary and kind of hard to use. I feel like theres no point in buying like a super expensive olive green... cause they all look about the same and I kind of prefer this one to the one in the Lorac Pro 2 palette and the Too Faced Chocolate bar. This is definitely more beginner-to-green friendly. Its really pretty and I just love it.

And that being said its also an amazing smokey palette for beginners. I never do smokey looks, I have a nyx smokey palette that I never use because I just don't know how to use it. This one is really simple because it kind of breaks down the colors you can kind of use together. Like there are 6 shimmer colors and 6 matte colors that kind of coordinate with the shimmer colors and make for a really nice easy look thats really different and put together and amazing.

Aside from the color selection and breakdown of the format and stuff... the actual pigmentation on the palette is amazing too. The pigmentation is fantastic and its on par with all my high end palettes. To me these feel a little like the Urban Decay shadows. They aren't super soft like the Lorac Pro... but it is kind of like the Coastal Scents Revealed or Urban Decay Naked 3 (I don't have any other naked palette.) There is even less fallout than the Naked 3 palette... which is awesome. The lack of fallout is so important with a smokey palette especially. I'm glad that its $7 but it is definitely on par with some of the high end palettes I have... so it is definitely worth checking out. Makeup Revolution is a good line from everything I've tried... which is only 3 things, but still 3 completely different things. I have this palette, a bronzer and a liquid lipstick. Its all really good and its great for beginners... its great for people who want a smokey look but know that they won't use it enough to justify buying the $54 Urban Decay Naked Smokey palette... and its awesome. I think green eyes would look really good with it... If you liked the Too Faced Romantic Eyes Palette, thats what the color selection looks most like in my opinion... so thats kind of cool... and yeah.

Also the packaging, I said that the packaging is what tips it off that it isn't a high end palette... but it isn't bad packaging. Its sturdy, it'll hold up well and close well and there is nothing wrong with it... but the packaging does make it look like a $7 palette... which is fine, thats what it is, I'd rather have a low price for an amazing quality eyeshadow than have fancy packaging... I'm just saying thats the only thing that makes it look $7. I like that you can see all the colors nicely laid out though. You don't need to open the palette as much to just look at the shadows or anything, so the closure will probably stay in tact better for a longer time.

Highly recommend this palette. It is the best $7 you will spend on make up ever maybe. Its really amazing and I think you should check this out or another palette from the brand. They have bigger palettes that are more in the $10 or $15 range which I haven't checked out yet... but if they're anything like this, they're probably worth the money.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments