Top 5 Friday: Worth The Splurge

I mostly shop at the drugstore and pretty much most of the high end things I buy I wait till theres a 20% off or 15% off sale or some sort of coupon or something to work or I get it in a holiday set or something to save some money... but there are some items that I think are really worth the splurge and here are a few of them.

1) Purity by Philosophy- This is a really great facial wash. I don't know why, but for some reason this just works really well with my skin. I know that it isn't everyones favorite since I think its not paraben free or sulfate free or whatever... but it works for my dry skin. And it doesn't really hydrate it, but it gives it like an even texture and it balances it nicely. I guess maybe its more for combo skin or something and for whatever reason it works well with me... I have normal to dry skin I guess... but usually its pretty dry and combo skin products work well for it... maybe I just have combo skin. I don't know lol. Its weird but it works. I get the smaller size bottle because it still lasts a long time for me, and it works really well. When I got mine it came with a free tiny bottle of a face moisturizer that I really liked that I think is called their miracle worker moisturizer. Thats a good moisturizer but the tiny size will last you like a month and its $20 and the full size is $60... and I don't think thats worth the price. So if you can get the free bottle with it, get that, otherwise... just the little size of purity is really good.

2) Ouidad Haircare Products-This is probably personal preference... but my favorite hair care is from Ouidad. Its made for curly hair and its just really nice and makes your natural curls a little curlier. Some salons do a ouidad haircut, that is what I get. Salon Coco Bond is the only one I know that does it, they have a few locations in NJ and NY I believe and They're really nice. I use the Moisture Lock Leave In Conditioner, The Climate Control Anti Frizz gel and the Curl Defining soufflé. All really good. They sell them at Sephora and Ulta, so you could easily have samples made and you can use ulta points or buy them at the sephora sale. If you live in the NJ area, you can get these at Beauty Plus Salon. They have a great point system that is free to sign up and you can usually buy them 3 for 30%off. So that is extra good.

3) Origins Face Masks- I didn't mean to include all skin care and hair care products in this. I might throw in a few extras because I know the skin and hair products won't work on everyone. The Origins Masks have such a wide range and what I've tried from them have pretty much been lifesavers... so ask at sephora what would be best for your skin type and see what fits you the most. The two that I've tried are the Charcoal Mask which really evens out the skin and smoothes the face and reduces the appearance of pores. There is a Charcoal Mask from Freeman that is also good and a charcoal scrub from Garnier that works well too... but get this one. Its wayyy better, for me I only use it once a week and I'm good... but it works really really well. I also have the Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask, which is great for dry skin. It really clears up dry patches and works really well. I like it better than the Glamglow Hydrating Mask... maybe thats just me but it works really well and I think its pretty great.

4) Lorac Pro Palettes- These aren't necessarily my favorite eye products... but these are the splurgiest items I have that I think "yes, these are definitely worth the price.They aren't just a luxury they are practical and anyone can use them." If you like soft shadows. Some people don't like soft shadows and at first I was kind of like "mmm don't love this" but I got a lot of use out of the Lorac Pro 2 because it is so incredibly easy to use. The colors are so pigmented and it is so easy to blend them and come up with really easy looks that I just really like the shades! My favorite shadows are from Tarte... but if I had to recommend palettes for everyone to use it would definitely be these ones because they are just so easy and you'll have so many good looks with them.

I didn't really splurge too much on mine! Lol I bought the Pro 2 palette with an Ulta coupon and I got the Pro 1 with a gift card from kohl's that had like $12 on it... so I didn't pay full price for either of these really... but I would. Its definitely worth it.

5) Urban Decay Primer Potion- This is the only primer that works on like every type of shadow I have. I don't get the full size because it gets a little watery pretty quick, I just get the $12 sample and it lasts quite a while... I have no complaints. I know this isn't everyones favorite, but for me it keeps my shadows on the best... which is why I want a primer. Lol.

Bonus Lip Products! 

Since I did do 3 items that aren't going to work for everyone I'm going to include my 3 favorite high end lip products... because if you're going to splurge do it on a lipstick or something. Lol. Lip products are fun and you probably can find just as good lip products from the drugstore... but splurging on lip products is just fun. So yeah.

Nars Lip Gloss- I have Nars Turkish Delight and one from the Christopher Kane collection and they're both amazing. The one from the Christopher Kane collection is almost like a stain... so it actually lasts on the lips for a long time. Turkish Delight is such a great topper for any lipstick look that you have... its just awesome. I love it.

Buxum Lipgloss- Buxum is another brand I highly recommend. They're lip glosses are just great. They have a huge selection, they feel great on the lips. They have a minty type of tingle to them... so if you don't like minty flavors you won't like them... but if you're a huge lipgloss junkie like I am... these are great. They have lipsticks in like a pencil form... those are great too, but I love their glosses. Shannon is probably my favorite because it has my name and its really pretty lol. They just came out with new lipsticks too that I want to try!

Bite Beauty- Bite Beauty is the best. They have a really consistent line and they are just the best! I have some mini lipsticks from their luminous cream line. Fig is my favorite, but they have so many others its great too. I have a set of their high pigment pencils, those are really great too. They have a lot of fun colors and those are nice and easy to put on. And I have a gloss set from them and one of their glosses and they're amazing and they have a great taste to them. So overall consistent line, they're made in Canada, so its not like they're made somewhere you don't know the ingredients in or anything... and they are cruelty free and made with all food grade ingredients. Really nice. They even have a lip lab in New York where you can make your own lipstick. How cool is that? Great company!

So that is everything for the splurgiest items I recommend. Hopefully these work for you too because these are some great products!





Comments