How To-sday: 100% Drugstore Look ft. L'oreal La Palette 2 and Elf Contour Kit

This is sort of another back to school look... sort of just an all drugstore look.

Face 

Primer- Covergirl Outlast Primer... this is a good primer. It makes my foundations last longer, especially the Maybeline Super Stay... which I didn't use here... but this is good.
Foundation- Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous- #1 back to school pick for foundation!
Contour, Bronzer, Highlight- Elf Contour Kit. Review of this coming up next week I think. I'm still testing it out... this takes a while for me because I need to blend the crap out of it... but I like it a lot. Its a good contour kit and its only $6... or wait $8 or something. Really good.
Blush- I used a pinky blush from the Elf Blush Palette in Light. Again, amazing blushes, super pigmented and they're amazing.
Concealer- Maybeline Superstay Better Skin + Elf HD Undereye setting powder
Powder- Elf HD Setting Powder. Great loose powder, perfects pores, love it. These are really messy... but still.
Setting Spray- L'oreal Infallible. I used this just after foundation and I used it after contouring to blend and after I powdered. I used it with a beauty blender to blend out the contour... thats the only high end product I used and I kind of don't like the beauty blender. Mine is busted up and I need to throw it out. I recommend the Real Techniques one, but I threw that out a little while ago. Its good.

Honestly, I took my face make up off right after just cause... I used a foundation brush and it looked a little cakey and I didn't like it that much... but usually the foundation is good, I think it was the brush and maybe that primer made it a bit too matte on me... but I like these products in general, just something about how it looked on me just looked like a ton of product sitting on my face and I didn't like it. I loved the contour though and it took forever... lol. You'll see it in the picture. I took it off after that... but still.
Eyes 
Primer- Milani Shadow Eyes in Champagne toast... I kind of forgot this doesn't work that well for me with the L'oreal La Palette Nude 2... but it looks pretty and most people don't have problem with this palette and staying power... so keep that in mind.
Shadows- The aforementioned L'oreal La Palette Nude 2. I used the first color all over the lid, packed it in with an Elf shadow brush. I then took color #2 on the outer corners and then put #5 on top of that. I put color #3 on in the crease and then used a darker matte color in the crease also... I think color #4... maybe #6... not sure. And then I used #8 on my browbone and I think I put more of color #1 in the inner corner.
Mascara- Covergirl Super Sizer and Ulta Rain Coat Top Coat. Love how this looks. I kept the eye look after taking off my face make up because this looked really cool.

Lips- 
Maybeline Matte lipstick in Lust for Blush... love this!

And here's the finished look... Cute right? It takes a lot of time for back to school. You could do this for a dance or something, the eye look takes no time at all and I think if you get used to contouring, you could probably contour in a hurry... this isn't the fastest way to contour but it looks really nice after everything.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Wish I got a better pic of this! The eye look was basic but really pretty. Here's the picture.



Comments