Valentines Day Sparkly Smokey Rose Gold Makeup Look+ Some First Impressions

So this was a really fun look! I'm proud of myself for my makeup looks lately lol. I thought this would be a good look for Valentine's Day. It's also a relatively affordable... so that's a plus!
Here are some pictures of the face makeup. For more info you can check out my everyday face makeup routine right here



I'm focusing on the eye makeup primarily in this post because I have another post where I did my "everyday face makeup routine" for the moment, so I will link that and get on with the eyes. Then I put the Makeup Revolution Aqua Seal Liquid Primer on the Royal and Langnickel small smudger brush because I'm going to be using a Pigment and I thought this would help the pigment.

First I primed with the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Primer in the Matte shade and I just put that on my eyes. And I used a crease brush from Royal and Langnickel and used the Jouer Ready To Wear Cool Collection Palette. I used the shade Twig, which is a matte plumy grey color.

I think I used the Makeup Revolution Liquid Eye Primer again and I dipped that brush into the pigment. I believe it is Sunset Blvd from Jesse's girl... that's what it looked most like from the website. The name was on the packaging, which I threw away already. Its a pinky orangey rose gold color. I'll show a picture! I used the smudger brush and then I spread around with my finger and kind of built it up a little bit too.

Then I took an angled shadow brush and used the shade rum on the outer corner and a little bit in the crease. I think this has shimmer in it... not sure if it's just fallout from the glittery shade underneath or not... but its a pretty dark grey with some shimmer I think. Also a little plummy. A little bit better pigmentation than the Twig shade. And then I wanted to deepen up the outer corner a little more so I used the shade Havana which is a really pretty shimmery black.

This was a little messy, so I had to blend quite a bit more. I used the It Cosmetics Blending crease brush and one from the Real Techniques Starter set that is supposed to be a crease brush... but its really huge! Lol. It worked for cleaning and blending though.

And I used Wisp on the browbone to highlight and clean up a little bit more.

For my liquid liner I used the Jesse's Girl Black Liquid Liner... I actually didn't wear eyeliner in the waterline... which is new. And for mascara I primed with the Tarte Opening Act Lash Primer and then the Fiona Stiles Ultimate Lash Icon Ultimate Volumizing Mascara in the shade Worth.

And for the lips I used Tawny Rose from Jouer.

And here's the eye look! Sparkly, smokey, valentine-sy! 
As I mentioned... doesn't totally break the bank. The Jouer Palette is $19, the Jesse's Girl liner and pigment are under $10... the brush set was a little expensive from TJ Maxx... but still an okay deal for $25. The mascara and Mascara primer weren't that cheap... the primers weren't very cheap.

And I'm pretty sure Jesse's Girl is made in America, I know the pigment is. I know Jouer and Fiona Stiles are... I think Tarte might be for the mascara. The brushes and primers probably aren't made in America... but it just kind of happened that most of the stuff was made in America... you can use want. Whatever your favorite mascara is would be works and whatever brushes you already have. I just like the Lash Primer from Tarte because it was a free gift with purchase and it helps curl my lashes... which I have trouble with personally.


First Impressions 

I really love the color of this pigment! I've been wearing the Makeup Geek Duochrome shadows a lot, and this sort of almost has a sort of duo chrome pinky-orangey effect to it too which I think is awesome.

I've used the Makeup Revolution Primer before... but I think it helped a lot with the primer. That's a good thing to use if you want your shadow to pop a little bit more. It really works well.

The Jouer Palette isn't the most pigmented... but I like it as a companion palette. I don't think it would work the best for me on its own... but I think with something like a pigment or a single shadow, I'll get a lot of use out of it. Definitely worth $19 but I wouldn't want to pay any more for it. They do specials pretty often too and they always have discount codes with different youtubers they are affiliated with... so take advantage of those. It's not my favorite palette... but its useful for a smokey eye and I think I'd use it to travel or if you had to keep something in your purse. It's not the quickest makeup look... but I liked using it. Haven't tried the blush, bronzer or highlight yet... but the shadows are good.

It also reminds me of the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette.

And I think that is it! Hope you guys liked this!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments