Lorac Mega Pro 4 Review

I love Lorac Palettes... the Mega Pro 3 is one of my favorite palettes ever and I've just really been liking it lately... it's nice for summer, it's nice for fall... it's just a great palette in general. So I use that a lot.

And this Mega Pro 4 isn't quite matching up... I do like it a lot and I can see myself using this a ton more... but there are just some gripes I have with it.

The first gripe is the shade Fairytale... This is one of the most BEAUTIFUL colors in the palette... but it's a pain in the ass to work with... It works if you layer it over another shadow... but there's just so much fallout from this shadow it's just not what I really expect from Lorac. Lorac shadows are typically easy to do a quick, fast look with... but this one just isn't good for that. It's just very very difficult and it doesn't look the same as it does in the palette on my eyelids... so it kind of stinks.

The other major problem with this palette is the shade selection... while there are a lot of colorful shades that are super pretty... there aren't that many light crease colors, they have a lot of darker matte colors and they don't have a lot of darker shimmery colors. I like using Lorac Shadows to do a super super easy look. I do light shade on lid, light matte brown in crease, darker shimmer on the outer corner... lighter shimmer on the inner corner and light matte in the browbone. This palette doesn't really have those colors that work together that easily... so it's not really what I was expecting from it.

I think the big standout color in this palette is Moss. That's a really nice green shade that applies really easily. The gold shades in this are also amazing... Lorac does great gold shades- they just apply so easily on the lids that it's just the easiest way to do a neutral look.

The matte shades are nice. They blend easily- they work great in the crease or on the outer corner... I just really like them. I don't always like doing all matte looks with the lorac palettes... but I liked it for this!

Overall... if this goes on sale again I 100% recommend it... if it doesn't go on sale- it's just not worth the $60... I just can't put my seal of approval on it that strongly. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments