Laura Geller Downtown Cools Palette Review

Heyyy guys! So I haven't used this palette in a while... but I've used it a lot... I've had it a while and I have all my thoughts and opinions formed... so we're just going to get right into my review... and tomorrow I think I'll have my review on the Uptown Chic Palette... because I've used that a bunch too!

This was one of those palettes I knew I was going to buy once I swatched it... I didn't know which one I wanted- the Uptown Chic or the Downtown Cools... I did end up liking this palette so much though that I got the Uptown Chic... but I'm kind of glad that I got the palettes in this order because while they're both good... I think this is definitely the more versatile of the 2 options and the more unique palette.

Although this palette is called Downtown Cools, one of my favorite things about it is that it contains almost a warm quad within this cool palette. Warm palettes are very on trend and I think it's kind of cool that while this is something so different out there... it still follows that trend of the warm palettes that we've been seeing everywhere lately.

I like the format of this palette too... the packaging isn't super cute... it doesn't smell like chocolate, there are no unicorns on it... but it is more functional in use. While the Chocolate Bar Palettes are absolutely Adorable I can look at this and know what sort of makeup look I'm going to do and it's very easy. And that's what makes me use a palette more often.

Plus the looks you can get with this one are soo different because there are a lot of good colors and neutrals. I did a "Fire and Ice" makeup look just with this palette where I did one smokey cool look and a smokey warm look... and that's kind of awesome that you can get those from the same palette.

I also really love the matte formulas in here. I don't really wear a lot of all matte makeup looks... but I do appreciate a really great matte formula and this palette really has that. It blends itself almost and it is just pretty darn fantastic.

That's not to say that the shimmers are bad in this palette, they are very beautiful and pigmented... they remind me a little bit of Lorac Shadows in pigmentation... but they're not quite as soft as the lorac shadows... so if you like the pigment of Lorac but you have trouble with them because they're just sooo soft... maybe try these instead... it has the same level of pigmentation and a similar formula... it's just not soft like Lorac.

And I love that this has me more inspired to do smokey eye looks. I'm not someone that does cool toned looks a lot or smokey looks a lot... but this definitely makes me want to try them more and more and use them a lot!

I think that is everything I have to say about this palette... I think these are definitely underhyped gems that need some more love. Have you tried them and loved them? Let me know!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments