Influenster Sent Me The Matrix Biolage 3 Butter Control System... here are my thoughts so far!

Soooo I just got the Biolage 3 Butter Control System sent in the mail for  reviewing purposes by Influenster... and I was surprised and excited. I wasn't really expecting full sizes of everything and it's a 4 product line... so this is pretty cool. Influenster sent these products complimentary... so yeah!

I'm just going to kind of tell you guys how it says to use them and then I'll do a first impression and update you as I use them a little more... from the looks of this- If you're going to go out and buy this... I don't really know if I'd buy the full system... 2 of the products sound similar to me and it just kind of depends on when you do your hair which will work better. I'll try it and I'll ask my family members that do their hair in the morning to try the day cream... but I'm not sure I'd go out and purchase it myself... again haven't used it yet... just based on how these are explained... I don't think that's what I'd get.

Anyway I'm getting ahead of myself... onto the products.

Shampoo and Conditioner- So the claims of this are that the 3 different butters used for this (cupacu, Shea, and Murumuru) are si[[psed tp give it an indulgent lather... and it is sulfate free which is good... it also claims to lock in moisture to help control frizz. The conditioner says to leave it in for 1-3 minutes... so keep that in mind... but yeah. These smell amazing and they sound really good.

Night Cream- This sounds interesting... I do my hair at night and a lot of times in the morning the curls don't look as good. This makes unruly hair look controlled in the morning and it claims not to leave a residue on the pillow... so that's especially good. It says to use this after the shampoo and conditioner and to apply this to damn hair and braid or twist to get the curls you desire... if that's what you want. lol.

Day Cream This is for long lasting frizz control through heat and humidity... it's winter in NJ... this isn't my main concern... plus I do my hair at night... so idk how well this will work... but we'll see.

First Use (11/13/17) 
Tonight I think I'm going to try it without using any of the Ouidad products that I usually use... and then the next time I use it I'll use the Ouidad products... I just kind of want to see how it works and what will happen to my hair.

I'm going to use the Shampoo, Conditioner and the Night Cream... so I'll give you my impressions after using it and then I'll show you some pictures tomorrow morning.

Alright... so the Shampoo lathered really nicely, it felt super luxurious. The conditioner felt nice too... the smell of the coniditioner was really good... the shampoo smell wasn't too bad... but there's like a weird after-smell that I don't really like.

I think how I lathered my hair made some of my hair fall out... because there was more than usual in the tub. I'm writing this after I've used it a few more times since then and nothing else like that really happened... so if I see that again I'll probably stop using it... but I didn't notice it yesterday or today... so thats a good thing.


After... 

Okay I've actually used it 3 times now... and I didn't love how it looked when I didn't use the Ouidad products because the night cream on it's own didn't do much for my curls.
But after using it with the Ouidad products... it did kind of a lot for my curls and it held them in place!

It looks a little too voluminous so I just kind of put my fingers through my hair... but I really liked it more when I used it with the Ouidad products. My hair feels very soft and smooth and nice. 

So that's probably how I'm going to use it most of the time... but I want to give it one try with the Day Cream before I totally make my judgements. 

Day Cream... 

I actually love this Day Cream! At least so far! Currently I'm dogsitting at my friend's house and I stayed here last night and purposefully waited for today to do my hair because I wanted to try this! Plus this should be a good day to test it because it claims to be a climate control product... and it's raining today and I'll be walking the dog... so yeah. 

After Walking The Dog in The Rain... 

I'm impressed! It's a little poofier but not bad at all! Also let's give it up for the Melted Matte Lipstick in Child Star! That's awesome! 

So overall... I really like this set! Haven't been using it a whole lot... but it all worked so so well so far that I think this is a fair review! 

Update: I've also used the Day Cream at Night... and that works really well too! So I'm happy I can use that a little more because I feel like that works a bit better for me. 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments