To Buy or Not To Buy? Morphe Jaclyn Hill Palette!

So I had no real interest in trying the Jaclyn Hill Morphe Palette... until it came to Ulta and I had a gift card and points... plus now it's permanent- I didn't really want it when it was limited edition... but now it's easier to get and I just wanted to give it a try. I have no experience with Morphe... I've heard this palette is the best palette to get from them... and everything I've heard about it is positive... so I thought I'd give it a shot!

And... I like it! I really think it's a great palette- I was really really impressed... but before we get into what I love about it... let's talk about what I don't really love.

Cons
There are a lot of matte browns in this palette... and while I really love the matte shadows in this palette... How many matte browns do you really need? I know I'll get use out of all of them and if I end up hitting pan on one- there's another matte brown right next to it... so that's good.

The mattes also kind of stain the lids... which is concerning. It's the more orangey shades- I know that can happen... but it hasn't happened with other orangey shadows I've used... actually that's a lie. It didn't happen with the Peach Palette or the Modern Renaissance... I don't think it happened with the MissFabulous palette... but I think the Huda beauty mini palettes in Mauve Obsessions and Warm Brown Obsessions... So yeah. A little difficult to get off- it works with the Garnier Waterproof Micellar Water though.

Some of the shimmer shadows in this palette don't apply that well to the lids... and it sucks. There are definitely "Miss" shades in every palette. It's just some of the lighter shimmers that they have other similar shades of in the palette. It's not terrible... I still use them for layering- for the inner corner and for the center of the lid they should work well. I haven't had any problems with the colorful shades at all... which I know is what a lot of people are most  excited for but yeah.

Pros 
So what I like about this palette... I don't always love big palettes like this. Sometimes it can be hard to come up with looks with a big palette... these colors are pretty easy to create looks with... and it just makes it really really easy.

I love the versatility of this palette. There are so many mattes, so many shimmers... Warm shades, peachy shades, there are a lot of smokey shades. There are colorful shades. Honestly if you see a lot of palettes that you want... you could probably get the same looks from this same palette and it's a little cheaper and the formula is almost as good.

I think my favorite browbone shade ever is Beam... It's like a satiny shimmery shade that just works absolutely perfectly on the browbone... and I like it for the inner corner. Not great for all over the lid... but because it's so perfect for the browbone I don't even really care.

I get really excited to use this palette. It's hard to have a bunch of palettes you're reviewing at the same time to still see palette a lot of times... and that's a good way to judge how much you love a palette... and this one is very easy to love and get looks with.

Compared to Other Recently Reviewed Palettes... 

This is definitely easier for me to come up with looks for than the Lorac Mega Pro 4... and I haven't been as frustrated as I've been with any of the shadows as I was with Fairy Tale from Lorac... so just keep that in mind. The Mega Pro 4 is on sale right now... but I would not recommend paying full price for that... I've said it just isn't worth $60... especially considering that this is a lot better fairly cheaper.

I still don't know if I'd pay $38 for this palette tbh... it's good but there are so many miss shades for a $40 palette... it isn't terrible but it isn't really worth the $40 for that. I had a $10 off coupon for my birthday and a gift card... so it was definitely worth that... but yeah it's good... just $40 is a lot of money for a lot of repeat shades and a lot of miss shades... so I'd wait on this one... but that's just me.

I also want to compare it to the Laura Geller Palettes because I reviewed those recently too. They're obviously very different. If you want something more neutral or more focused on one type of shade I'd recommend the Laura Geller Uptown Chic over this. If you just want an all smokey palette... go with the Downtown Cools... but you can get a versatile arrangement of both super neutral and super smokey looks with this palette. They aren't really similar in colors... but I think in shade selection, formula and price range they're quite similar. Although I do think the Laura Geller palettes are better formula's overall... so I consider them worth paying $42 for where I would rather pay $28 for this Jaclyn Hill Palette... that's something to consider.

They also improved the packaging a little when this was brought to Ulta... but they didn't add a mirror or anything... so keep that in mind. The pans look really big and nice.... idk if they are bigger than other palettes or not as far as grams go... I don't have any other Morphe palettes to compare it to... but these are great shadows and I feel like it's a good bang for your buck! This would make a great gift also- especially if you know someone into trendy makeup or Jaclyn Hill or anything like that.

Hope this was useful or that you guys liked it! Stay tuned on my youtube channel- Shannon Kahermanes because I will have my first impression there soon!

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments