Sephora Starter Kit

Okay... so when I was first getting into makeup at Sephora... there were a lot of less expensive options for palettes that were really good quality... unfortunately they were from Kat Von D who... no longer owns the brand but I don't think anyone really wants to support her. And I think they scrapped those palettes anyway  so you can't even get them now. I'm going to recommend the more neutral and less expensive options. 

Face Primer: Benefit Porefessional- $13-$32 
Okay so I was going to say Benefit That Gal- but I guess they don't make that anymore? I think the Porefessional Pearl replaced the That Gal Primer- which I used to love. Anyway the porefessional now has different versions, so you could get the original, the pearl, the mattifying or the hydrating. Plus they all come in mini sizes so if you wanted to try it out I would say just get the mini and go with the full size if you like it. I don't totally think you need a primer depending on what foundation you pick- I have 2 I'm going to recommend but... this is a good start to primer if you want a high end primer. I haven't used it in a while- but I did like it! 

Foundation/ BB Cream 

Okay so I'll be a little bit broader with my foundation pick and I'm just going to say Bareminerals- they have a good range of inexpensive foundations that can kind of work for whatever skin type you have. They have a serum foundation that I used to really like and want to try again... the Barepro foundation is really good and my shade in that foundation is my boyfriends name... so that's kind of funny. They also have a good tinted moisturizer and I think they even have powder foundation! So there's a little bit of everything and the price for the most expensive foundation they have is $34... which isn't bad compared to their other foundations. 

I can also recommend the It Cosmetics CC+ Cream. It's a good but light coverage, has a high SPF and you don't really need a primer for it. This CC Cream is $39.50 but... without the expensive of the primer- that might be a little better. 

Cheeks 
There are a lot of things you can go with for cheeks... especially around the holidays. Usually they have Sephora Brand cheek palettes for like $10 or so... those can be really really awesome if you can find any. 

The checkout line also has some good mini sized blushes. Benefit Boxed Powders all come in mini sizes and those are all good. Hourglass even has some in mini sizes and I love those. Anastasia has blush trios that come with 2 blushes and usually one highlight or shade you can use as a highlight I think. 

Benefit Hoola bronzer is probably the best if you just want a bronzer because it's matte you can kind of contour with it. 

My favorite highlight at sephora is probably Becca Cosmetics highlighters... I like the Rose Quartz one but... there are others. 

Cheek stuff for beginners... not sure if Sephora's really where you want to shop for that. If I were to just recommend one overall would be either the Physician's Formula Butter collection or the Covergirl Instant Cheekbones... but sometimes you want to splurge- and these are the best picks to splurge from! 

Eye Primer 
So the only eye primer that works for me is the Nars Smudgeproof but the Stila Liquid Eye Shadows are really great too and they are an eyeshadow and a primer in one! 

Eye Palettes 

Okay here's the fun part. 

My favorite eye palettes are the Huda Beauty palettes and I think for beginners the Obsessions palettes are the way to go! I would say to go with one of the nude ones, which I haven't actually tried but they look really nice and easy to use... and the one in Topaz. These are more neutral and I use the Topaz ones ALL THE TIME so that's really good. 

If you want a larger palette the Naked Honey is probably my top pick for a neutral palette for beginners. Like I said I love the Huda Beauty palettes... but I don't think those are quite as beginner friendly as Urban Decay. Really if there's a color scheme for the Naked Palettes you think you would use more- go with that- but the Honey palette is very gold and beautiful and it's actually a "Naked" palette where I don't think the other ones really are all that Naked. 

The Anastasia Soft Glam palette might be good too... but the formulas for Anastasia I'm not sure if they're as beginner friendly. They're very soft powders that are easy to blend but it might take a while. 

Mascara 
Honestly... any mascara is beginner friendly kind of. I'd say the It Cosmetics Superhero is my favorite- so I'll just mention that but I think you're safe with anything. But if you have sensitive eyes the Too Faced Better Than Sex didn't work for me. 

Lips 
Lipsticks...I guess you can go wrong with but a lot of them are good. I think if I were just starting with makeup the Bite Beauty Power Pigments are really good. 

Liquid lipstick favorites from sephora... Fenty Beauty has some really good ones. I also like the Bareminerals ones- which might be the best pick for beginners and Jouer. Jouer has a lot of shades and they have a super comfortable formula too. 

For gloss the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bombs are really great and Buxum is known for their lipsticks so those are really good too! 

So that is everything I would remember- makeup wise... maybe soon I will have a non makeup drugstore starter kit... but I really like these and would day they're beginner friendly! 

Bye! 
-Shannon 

Comments