The Mad Optimist Soap Order

So I was watching Shark Tank and I saw a brand on there with 3 really cool guys that had a customizable soap company... and I love soap and customizing things so I WAS ALL ABOUT THIS! 

 I didn't actually end up getting a custom soap because due to their recent popularity because of Shark Tank along with the Covid 19 safety measures they are backordered on their custom soaps for 2-4 months... and they have Customer Favorite options that are probably the same types of scents I would customize so... it doesn't really matter. 

So this company is vegan and cruelty free and these guys that started the company are all vegan themselves and they are very socially conscious. They actually donated all of their sales from their Shark Tank debut to Charity. Just to spoil Shark Tank a little bit- their sales weren't all that great before Shark Tank and it didn't sound like a lot of the Sharks liked their business model... which I will explain in a bit... but they did get a deal from Mark Cuban. I forget what the deal was... but I thought their brand sounded cool and I wanted to support them. 

So the weird business model they have is that you can also choose what to pay for the products as well. So if you can't afford to pay for their products full price- you can pay a little less and if you can afford their product you could pay a little more to offset the cost of those who can't afford it. So that is interesting. For the time being I paid the price that the soaps were worth- which is kind of where the scale starts on their website. If I want to reorder and I really like these soaps- I might pay a dollar or 2 more because I'd want people to try their products. I don't think the prices were outrageous or anything- I will share what I paid for everything while I talk about what I ordered. 

So first off I got the Freshly Minted Bath Soak which is Eucalyptus, Spearmint and Peppermint scented Epsom Salt Soak. I love Epsom Salts and I really like Eucalyptus, Spearmint and Peppermint so this sounds like it will be really nice and refreshing. 

Next up I got the Fir Ever Young Body Bar which smells like Fir Needle. I love the smell of Balsam and tree scents so I just sort of assumed this would be a nice soap scent that I would really like. This one is for Neutral Skin- I have dry skin but... I think this would still work for me. 

And I got a spray. I've been thinking of getting sprays from Bath and Body Works and I may get one from there still because I like the Inspire scent a lot... but I think this one sounds really nice too. It's a Eucalyptus and Rosemary mist. There are some scents from Bath and Body Works with both Eucalyptus and Rosemary that I like... although I don't think I have anything with both items in it. 

So I payed $12 for the Bath soak, $10 for the bar soap and $8 for the mist. I've never ordered from Lush before and I've only ever tried their Shark Week bar soap years ago... but I think it's a little less so yeah. I'm excited to review these for you guys! 

Bye! 
-Shannon 

Comments