Contour Brush Battle: Real Techniques Sculpting Brush vs Real Techniques Bold Metals Flat Contouring Brush

So this is something I thought would be fun. I wasn't totally expecting to do this... but I used the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush today after using the Bold Metals one... and there's quite a difference!

So I used both of these most recently with the Wet n Wild Megaglow Contouring Palette Contour in Dulce De Leche. And I thought "Okay... this product is nice but its not super pigmented... that's good for a contour... but it can sort of blend away."

Boy was I wrong! I started using this with the Bold Metals brush and it went on less pigmented. It wasn't completely unpigmented, it was just a little more defused, a little more natural looking and it looked nice but sort of blended away and I didn't know how I felt about that. Now with the Sculpting brush... totally different story! This went on wayyyy pigmented! I was like "Is this the same product?" I think with the shape of this brush, it picks up a little bit more... but also oddly it seems like my brush is totally clean, when the bold metals gets dirty really fast. And I get it, the Bold Metals is white, and this isn't... but this has white on the top and its still totally white instead of brown. So weird. Maybe I put a lot of contour on! Lol. It doesn't look that way though!

And they're both easy to blend out too. You would think the Sculpting one would be wayyy easier with the shape... but I'd say blending out is pretty close with both brushes.

They aren't totally dupes for each other... you can kinda do the same thing with both of these and get the same look... but idk. I kind of like a more diffused look... but I also kind of want it to show up...so I think I like the Sculpting brush more than the contour brush... but if I didn't have much time to do makeup, I'd probably just use the Contour Brush because that gets it done a little quicker and easier I'd say.

But overall.... Idk I don't really think the Bold Metals are worth the price just because the regular line of Real Techniques brushes is sooo good!

So yeah... just some thoughts, but I don't think I'd waste my money on the Bold Metals.
Here you can see them both with the contour palette 
Couldn't get a good pic with the lighting in my room... sorry! But I just used this, didn't wash it... and its still really good.

This was washed... but you can see the difference in shape. 



Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments