Review: Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighters

So I got 2 of the new Urban Decay highlighters... almost got the third... but I decided not to... and here are my thoughts on them!

First I picked up Aura during the Ulta sale. Aura was pinky and I didn't really have anything like it. I also have the shadows Sin and I think I have Fireball in a palette... but I don't have Aura in any palette. So I thought that would be the most useful to me... I'll kinda get to the differences in a little bit... but yeah. Its really unique, its pretty with a pinky shift and its kind of subtle for me. I need my highlighter to be seen from space... and this you can't quite see from Space... but I'm okay with that cause I do really like it. It goes on nice and smooth, it actually lasts a long time... and its just a good highlight. Smooth, easy and pretty.

Sin on the other hand... that can be seen from space. Maybe not space... but probably like California (I'm from Jersey) which is also quite great. As long as its obviously there... I'm happy with that. Its an obvious highlighter! And part of the reason why I decided to get this was that it swatched so differently next to other highlighters! I've seen it next to the Sin eyeshadow... its not the same. It didn't look quite the same as the Mary Loumanizer... it just looked very unique.

I think its really smart that Urban Decay made these highlighters so unique compared to the eyeshadows and compared to other highlighters. Its also smart to release them as part of a summer collection, but to have the summer collection permanent. I think Urban Decay does a great job with their limited edition collections, making them very available...and I like that these are good products for the summer... but they've goy more of a summery feel and thats what they're going to be best for. I like that a lot.

These also last really well too! I usually still see these on my face before I take my makeup off at the end of the night. Sin is slightly longer-lasting than Aura... but both are pretty long wearing. I was impressed with it!

So yeah. Everything I've tried in this Urban Decay Summer collection is good so far! I don't think I'll be picking up Fireball... I thought about it... but I think you need a more specific blush for that... I'll definitely be getting a thing or 2 from the Alice collection. Hopefully I'll get the palette... but I'll definitely get a lipstick or 2! So pretty and I don't totally love the Tim Burton Alice... but I still have an emotional attachment to it. Lol.

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments