Review: Urban Decay Spectrum Palette

This is a nice palette... but I can see why it might be something not a lot of people buy... but if you swatch it... you're not going back. Lol.

Packaging 
Lets address the elephant in the room... the packaging of this... It is a little annoying. Its bulky for 15 small colors. Personally... I like the way its packaged because I can keep it on my desk and I'll remember to use it more because its right there... so I'll do more colorful looks instead of just nude looks.

I also like how the colors are arranged. There's a row of greens, a row of blues, a row of purples, and then a row of pinky neutrals with a bright pink... which doesn't make sense there... but its good enough. And then a row of more golden neutrals. Its easy to come up with looks with these because its arranged so nicely. It also has a nice mirror when you lift open the lid. Thats really handy because its big and easy to hold. So I like that.

It does take up a lot of room though... so thats not super great. but its easy to use it more and get more colorful looks from.

Colors 
As I said I love the colors... and they're very creamy and pigmented and true to color. The color Voodoo, Junkie, Madness, Deep end... all really pretty and unique.

All the neutrals are amazing too... I love them. I've used them a lot. I did a few smokey looks and I did a barbie look with the bright pink and Voodoo... I've done looks with the neutrals... its just super easy to incorporate one of these in a look, or pop it on the lower lash line... or just go all out and do a super colorful look. I'm happy to have a really colorful palette that I really love just as much, if not more than my neutral palettes.

So this is limited edition... it doesn't seem to be selling very well so I bet it'll be on sale very soon. Urban Decay is making room for the Through The Looking Glass Stuff... which I want.

There Are No Mattes! 
Its easy to get a neutral matte palette for everyday. I'm not mad that its a palette I need a complimentary palette with to be honest. So this isn't really a beginners palette because there are no mattes, its more of a companion palette... so if that doesn't bother you this is a great palette. If it bothers you... don't get the palette. It doesn't bother me at all. I have a lotta mattes but I don't have a lotta colors... so yeah! That makes sense .

Is it worth $55... 
Yes? No? This is 15 colors for $55... and I don't like paying much more than $50 for any one makeup item... thats just a rule that I try to follow... but I do love this and its not super worth the price... its a lot of bulkiness... but I think the quality is great for the price. So... yeah! I dunno. I like it a lot...I really love the palette and if I had paid full price for it, I wouldn't be mad at that... so I guess that means its worth it. Lol.

So... hope you guys like this or found it helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments