Worth It Wednesday: Smashbox Primer Water

I thought this was going to be a gimmick... but I wanted to try it and it was on sale in the 21 days of beauty... so I tried it! And... spoilers... I liked it! 

So according to the cashier at Ulta, you use this before and after your face products. So that's how I've been using it and I think it works. I'll spray it before foundation and then I'll spray it on a brush and then use it to buff in my foundation and I'll use it after my powder and blush and everything. I like that you can't go overboard with this primer... its not like you're layering a ton of stuff. And I guess you can do that with any setting spray... but this actually does work as a primer! 

And even my not so long wearing foundations work really well. I like it with the bare minerals Bareskin foundation and longer wearing foundations too... and I'm not oily... but I still kinda need a primer to last and this works fine. And it lasts all day too. I've done a lot of things when I used this as my primer and it worked out really well. So I'm impressed. I thought I'd need to use another primer with this also... but I really didn't end up needing it. I haven't used it with another primer yet... but I think that would work too. 

So is it worth the full price? Idk... its expensive and you're going to use it up probably pretty quickly... but I really like it and I think I would purchase it again full priced once I use it up... idk. If I find a cheaper one probably not. I know nyx has one too... but yeah. I think I probably would cause it is really nice. 

I still have a lot of mine left too... and I've been using it every day since I got it, which wasn't super long ago... but it was March 24th... thats pretty long. And I've been wearing my makeup to dance class and stuff too... so is been good for that. 

So... $32 is a lot of money... I think its $32... but I think its a great primer and setting spray and its been lasting me a while so far... so I don't think any primer is really worth all that money... but if you have $32 and you want a great primer get it. If it comes back to 21 days of beauty or Ulta has it as a Hot Buy or something... I'll buy a couple. Lol. 

Byeee! Hope this was helpful! 
-Shannon 

Comments