First Impression Friday: Maybelline Superstay 24 Lip Color in Keep Up The Flame and Constant Toast

I received these two lip colors for reviewing purposes from Influenster, so I'm writing a blog about them. I feel like these are maybe going to be phased out or rebranded soon and that's why influenster is testing them maybe... or maybe not. But these have been around forever... and I think they could use a little work. 

Constant Toast 
I'm going to start with the fail... because I didn't give this a full wear... but I had it on my lips and it was the worst product I've ever used. The color was not flattering on me at all... the formula was just dry, it didn't remove easily and it kind of just clung to weird spots on my lips and didn't wash off. I think it said you can remove it with oil like olive oil I guess... but I don't like olive oil... so I would never use it to remove my makeup. So this one just didn't work well for me... it was so bad that I don't think I'd try a lighter formula of this product at all... but yeah. Not my thing. 

Keep Up The Flame 
Keep up the flame, however was really really great! The color is such a pretty red color that it might be my favorite red ever. It didn't fade after I ate pizza... it did fade throughout the day though... so I don't think its really 24 hour wear. Some of it might stick on my lips for 24 hours... but its not a wearable look for 24 hours. It didn't really get uncomfortable. I put the balm on over it once when it was uncomfortable... but it wasn't anything too bad. 

The balm isn't the reason to get the product if anyone was wondering... I would prefer a traditional liquid lipstick... the balm apparently has a faulty cap from other reviews I've seen. It pops off in people's purses... I didn't have that problem but it could happen. It works well without the balm... so if they got rid of the balm I wouldn't be upset. 

I used a lip liner and a lip primer (I think) with this also and I think might have helped a little bit. 

Overall... I love the color of Keep Up The Flame... I don't know if I'd recommend the lighter colors really... I feel like Maybelline should work on the formula of those. I would maybe buy a darker color because I really love this red color and they are quite affordable. So I like that. I think these are pretty okay... it isn't the first thing I'd buy at the drugstore though. I'd wait till they go on sale because I feel like these are being repromoted to see if they need to be reformatted... so I'm hoping thats what happens. But yeah. Pretty okay product and I like it a lot! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments