All Drugstore "Getting Over Being Sick" Makeup Of The Day+ Some Tips

After Thanksgiving I got a bug and I'm just now starting to feel normal again... so I did my makeup today and I used all drugstore products so I figured I'd do a Makeup Of The Day Post and give a few tips with it too... So yeah!

Face 
I primed with the Maybelline Master Prime Blur and Illuminate. This doesn't overly illuminate my skin or make it look dewy... but its nice when your skin isn't doing quite the best. Then I used the Elf Flawless Finish Foundation, which just looks really nice and natural. I blended it in with my fingers because I didn't want a brush to make it look cakey. My skin actually looks better than it usually does when I'm sick... but still. Its a little more porous and noticeable I think. Then for my blush I used Covergirl's Soft Mink. This is kind of a matte/satin blush which I think is especially good to use when you're sick. It blurs pores a little bit better and it's a little more forgiving for dry skin or breakouts than a shimmery blush would be. This is a great color too! And for highlight I went with the Elf Illuminating Palette. I still wanted to look put together, but you don't want something too glittery. It just kind of made me feel like everything was back to normal again and I had a nice, healthy glow. I used the 2nd shade on the top of the palette. Its really nice to have. Ohhh and I used the Maybelline Better Skin Concealer to conceal undereyes and a blemish.

Eyes 
I primed with the Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art Duo in Burnished Bling. I used the not so glittery side as a base, and then I went in with the L'oreal Colour Riche Pocket Palette in Haute Hazel. These are really good if you're in a hurry or if you don't feel too well because they are quite subtle. That makes it pretty fool proof, so you aren't going to get a crazy eye look... but you will get a nice, put together... kind of glamourous look with this. I used the Orange all over the lid, the blue next to that on the outer corner. The darker matt-ish blue in the crease and the light color underneath the orange for the inner corner. I think just the orange would have been a good one shadow look... but I wanted to do a little bit more... but yeah! It was so pretty! For my eyeliner I used Colourpop's Honeydude... I usually use this anyway, but it is a nude eyeliner, which is especially good if you've been sick or if you're especially tired. If you work retail during the holidays... invest in a nude liner! Lol. I also used the L'oreal Telescopic mascara, which really makes my lashes look long and pretty, so that helped me feel a little bit more normal also... and that's it for the eyes.

Lips 
I decided to be daring with my lips... kinda. I lined with Nyx Slide on Glide on in Sugar Glass and then I used Wet n Wild's Think Pink... this I just got with the target sale and it looked a little bit dry on me... but I used the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Champagne on Ice. This is a great natural, nude lipstick that has a little bit of shimmer in it... so it also works nicely as a topper. It has a balm like texture, so it made sense to use it with the Think Pink lipstick that didn't work out that well for me. And it looked nice together and it made my lips look a little plumper. I would maybe just go for a tinted balm or something... but I liked how this looked... so that's what I did!



And Voila! That is the look!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments