Sephora Point Perk Haul, First Impression, and Look Smashbox Studio Lighting Secrets

So I just got some of the Sephora Point Perks and I thought I'd do a little review of them and a look. I just got this so this is a first impression, not a full on review... but I'm sort of reviewing the size of the products and if it feels high end or not.
This isn't that true to color. The taupey color in the smashbox  eye palette is a little more gold than it appears and the brown is slightly more shimmery close up. The highlight is also almost a very light gold color too. 

Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon 
I'm a little pissed at this because it looks sooo much smaller than the Nirvana White Point Perk that I've gotten before... and I'll check the exact ounces and everything... but it was a lot bigger before... but this rollerball is really tiny. I think the packaging looks like its better made than the other packaging... but I wouldn't get the set of 4 because I don't feel like the value is there for these tiny little samples of perfume basically.

The scent is really good! Its not quite like Nirvana Black or White... but its nice! I like it. I kind of want the full size... but I have so many other perfumes and body mists that I don't know if I can really justify it.

The scent is nice and luxurious, but the size isn't.
Update: soooo much smaller! And the 4 pack of all the Nirvana scents are the teeny tiny size too... so that's on my Anti- Haul list! 

Smashbox 500 Point Perk 

First Impression: 

So this isn't available on the website any more as far as I can see... but it showed up and I was pretty impressed.

First lets get into why I picked this point perk: The Contour Kit. This is a smaller version of their contour kit... I think it's bigger than the one in the Light it Up Mini set...it looked bigger to me than what I expected. It's not something I'd pay for, but this is a generous free gift, so I was quite happy with that! They all swatched really nice too, they felt creamy and pigmented. I don't have the original version... I'll probably try looking up the ingredients of the original and compare this with that because I think there must be an ingredients list somewhere... but yeah. I was impressed so far. This would be good for travel makeup or if you do makeup on the go a lot or something like that. There is also a mirror on this!

Next up is the eye palette. This is small, the pans are going to be hard to use with a brush... but still for a free point perk... it isn't the worst. There are 2 shimmer shades, one matte. Its nice to create an easy look with... although I think you would need to incorporate the Contour Kit for a fuller look.

Then the highlighting stick... this is pretty! It's a really pretty color, the size is pretty decent! I thought it could be about the size of the Watt's Up samples. If there was a kit with the Contour kit and this in it... I would say maybe it's worth $20-ish... especially since the Contour Kit comes with a Mirror.

And last but not least is the Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer... these I think are a little gimmicky... but I always wanted to try one and this is a good size!

So I'm excited to use it... I feel like its a good Point Splurge to try... I will use the products now and let you know!

Look: 
The look was really easy and I was super happy with it!

I used the Hangover Rx Primer and then the It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination and then went in with the undereye primer and my Benefit Erase Paste. I think it made it look a little bit better under my eyes... but it wasn't something I think I'd pay for a full price of based on this first impression. If I saw it in another set with other products I like or if it was a 21 Days of Beauty deal or something... I might consider purchasing it... but yeah. I used the highlight shade in the contour set under it... and that worked well too. It brightened a little and I liked that. Then I went in with the contour shade... which is wayyy more pigmented than I'm used to. The texture of these powders are really soft and kind of creamy almost... so its pretty easy to blend... but it goes on a little strong. Then I used the bronzer and I used the powder highlight as a base for the Highlighting stick in here... which is in the shade Hollywood and Highlight, if you were wondering... and that was nice but it looks very much like a highlight stick... But it is easy to blend with your fingers... so that was nice!

I contoured my nose a little bit with the contour kit too... its pretty easy as long as you have a tiny brush. It worked well. And I put some of the highlight stick on my cupids bow.

Before I put the highlight stick down I did use a regular blush which was Covergirl's Soft Mink.

For my eyes I primed with Elf's Smudgepot in Crusin Chic and then I went in with the taupey color in the trio all over my lid. And that went on nicely, I just used my finger. I put a bit of the dark color in my outer corner and I really liked how that looked. Its a very pretty dark brown... and then I used the contour color in my crease and the light matte color in the trio as my browbone highlight. And I was impressed with how much I liked it! It was a really nice, quick look!

I lined my waterline with Nyx Slide on Glide on Eyeliner in Gilded Gold and then I used my L'oreal Telescopic Mascara on my lashes...

And I used the contour shade on my brows a little bit. I don't usually do my brows... but this actually worked pretty well! I thought it worked nicely and my brows did kind of need a little something.

And on my lips I used the Smashbox Lipstick from the light it up set in Inspiration, which is a nice, bright pink!

So yeah... overall loving this look! Impressed with all the products and if Sephora brings this back as a point perk or if you can find it... I highly recommend this! These would be great for travel or on the go makeup, its really nice and easy. I love it!

contour doesn't look like its blended all that well... but I'll work on that! 


Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments

  1. wow I wished I could make 500 points at sephora (i'm at 0 because i'm a good girl)..I would have loved to see some photos of the products though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhh totally meant to! Must have posted it on my IG instead of here lol I'm Shannonsreviews on IG if you wanted to check that out, but I'm going to post them on here too in a bit!

      And yep 500 is a lot! I've been saving my points for a while though and I know I got double points at least once... still not a good girl though hahahaha!

      Delete

Post a Comment