Swatch Saturday: Nars Sarah Moon Mind Game Velvet Lip Glide Set

Thoughts/ First Impressions on Product
So I sort of love this set! I think there are some pros and cons... but overall I'm super happy with the products in this.

The formula for them is kind of consistent. Some seem to wear a little better than others... I think that might not have to do with how they actually wore as much as it was other circumstances like what I was eating, how much I was talking... things like that. 3 of the colors are in their permanent line... Toy, Bound and Unspeakable. And Plato's, No. 675, and Chez Claude are exclusive to this set... for now. I have a feeling they could expand the line and include these shades.

These are really comfortable and easy to apply. I feel like there is no slip sliding around my lip once its on... which is really good for a liquid lipstick that is not matte. I think I was a little messy with one of the colors... but again, that was probably my fault. I don't think it was the product necessarily.

The names are the worst of any lip set. Nars usually tries to theme their products... these just aren't very good. There is no theme... and it makes me giggle a little. It doesn't bother me... its just a little bit weird.

I also think the shade selection isn't the greatest. Basically its all reds... which is kind of good for me because I don't have many of these particular shade... but from a practical standpoint, I prefer the shade range of something like the Smashbox Light It Up set.

Other than that... I think its worth checking out. I would say its worth the $42. I thought that was a little expensive for a lip kit... but I'm a Nars Fangirl and its roughly the size of 3 of them, which are $26 each... so its worth it for me. I like it a lot! I'll get a lot of use out of it and Toy is a shade I was kind of looking for.

Here are what they look like on my face!  

Swatches 
Plato's (yes... the name of the lipstick is possessive... they weren't kidding when they called it the Mind Games set... there is no rhyme or reason to these names.) 


This is the Shade Plato's after I had had it on for a few hours. I drank coffee and it held up really well. I was really impressed. I had a lip liner from Essence on underneath and the Too Faced Lip Insurance. 

This is after I reapplied it. It went on really easily, it didn't slide around or get messy... it was super nice and it is a really nice reddish shade. I like it! Its a little berryish but still really mostly a red... and its just nice for this time of year! 

Unspeakable 


This one is really pretty! It kinda matched my shirt and my instagram followers seemed to really like it! Lol. The unfortunate thing was it didn't last very long... but I think it might have been because I ate more than I did the other days or something like that... Not quite sure. 

Bound 
This one is the one I probably would have bought in a full size... and I'm happy I got it in the kit because Idk if this is actually my favorite. It didn't last all that long... again I applied it and then I ate right after... so that might have had something to do with it. 

It is a pretty neutral color though! I don't dislike it at all... it just is what it is kinda. 

No. 675 
Most random names... ever! 


This is actually the 2nd one I tested... I had kind of had no time to do the "after eating" ones with the other one... and it was sorta similar so you get the point. This color is gorgeous! Built up a little its pretty red, but its also kind of a warmer color. I just really like it. It looks nice with a warm palette, here I wore it with the Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette and it looked really good. I liked this color a lot! 

Chez Claude 
Not sure why... but this one is my favorite! It lasted well throughout the day, and its just a really pretty red color. Maybe this was just a day I was kinda feeling mehhh and this just helped... but I think it was my favorite of the bunch! Here's a better pic of it close up I think... this is what I put on my instagram and I meant to save the one picture for the blog, but I didn't. 




Toy 
 This is Toy... this was the hardest one to apply... and maybe my least favorite of the bunch. Idk it was just a little tricky, a little streaky... and I liked it but I took it off right after because I'm about to go out for pizza and this is just too much to take care of for that. I'll wear this but this is more of a special occasion, out for drinks type of lipstick. 

Overall super impressed with these. Would 100% recommend picking one up. I hope they make some of the other colors permanent because they are gorgeous! I would definitely recommend Unspeakable in the permanent line... I think that is my favorite permanent color, other than that yes this lip set is worth it... Yes the full sizes are worth it... might get more... and I love it! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments