Frugal Friday: L'oreal Telescopic Mascara Review

So my friend Alyssa actually got me this mascara as part of my birthday present, and I thought I'd do a review about it.

I was a little nervous about this because my eyes are pretty sensitive and I'm picky with mascaras. I tend to tear up and usually I need to rush to take off my mascara once that happens. L'oreal isn't the brand I would necessarily think is the best for that... but I was really surprised how well this mascara wore throughout the day without getting uncomfortable!

Its not a waterproof mascara, but it doesn't smudge at all! It really stays on all day, I've had it on my lower lashes too... I don't always put mascara on my lower lashes, but this lasted really really well there without smudging.

It lengthens and volumizes pretty well. It mostly does a good job of separating my lashes, but some of my lashes just like to clump together for some reason...and this mascara kind of helps them clump a little more than other mascaras I've been using recently. Its a little bit dry, and sometimes I think drier mascaras make my lashes a little bit clumpier... but ultimately, I still like the look of this mascara more than pretty much any other mascara. I think it gives a nice adele-like look to the lashes.

Here is a picture
You can't really see any clumps. I try to get them away with a brush like a concealer brush or a brow brush. That usually helps separate them a little bit more. Or just wiggle the brush a little bit more. The brush is very small, so it is easy enough to just wiggle and de-clumpify.

Also the packaging of this mascara is amazing. It stands up on its own, so you could just put it down wherever you store your makeup and its already facing down which makes it work a little bit better. And its also just really clever because it looks like a telescope and it looks super pretty also... so major props to L'oreal on that! This design of this mascara is the best out there... its just so pretty. Especially for a drugstore mascara! I love it!

So yeah, this is a great mascara. I will absolutely buy this when I finish up some more mascaras. I really love how it works and I just think its one of, if not the best for longer lashes like mine. It just makes them look really long and pretty. I love it!

Byeee! Hope this was helpful!
-Shannon

Comments