Worth It Wednesday: Kat Von D Metal Matte Palette

I've talked about this palette a lot... I know you already know I'm going to say its worth it... but lets talk about it a little more. The VIB sale is coming this Friday... idk if the Rouge sale is still going on or not... but if you're wondering if this is worth $60 I would say definitely! 

Everyone I hear is saying that this palette is getting mixed reviews... I haven't heard anything mixed about it at all. All the reviews I've heard are positive, some saying that a few shades are a little hit and miss... for me personally... I think they're all a hit! I don't think I've used every one of the mattes yet... I think its just the color Stone I haven't used yet... but everything else I've used and I've had really good experiences with all of them so far. I think Ribbon was one I heard wasn't all that good... and I still liked it! 

I also like the color range in this. I really like playing with colors... but neutrals are always more useful... and I think you can get some really great looks with both the neutrals and the colors. I've done a lot of looks with this palette during blogoween and for my birthday... and I've really loved them! Here is a good example of how you can get both great neutrals and pops of colors with this palette! There are also great shades that are kind of duo-chromy that you can get a really interesting look with like This one! I just think its super versatile and pretty great! 

I don't necessarily think this is a palette for everyone though... I know some people will never play with the colorful shades and for that... I don't think its really worth the $60. I didn't necessarily think it would be easy to come up with looks from... and I think blogoween helped with that a lot. I probably wouldn't have done any of those looks if I hadn't been specifically looking for Hogwarts inspired looks. So if you can't think of anything to do... maybe just take colors from a picture you like or a team you like or a fictional character or something. I feel like that is kind of a good way to get out of your box. I just thought I'd point that out because I never really thought about that... but it was useful to me... so it could probably help other people also. 

Anyway this is also a huge palette and even though it is limited edition... its great quality! I think Kat has been working on this since last year. The pan sizes are also really big compared to something like the Lorac Mega Pro palette. There's a lot too choose from too. 9 shimmers and 12 mattes... that's pretty awesome! I haven't done an all matte look just yet...but the mattes are similar to the Shade n Light Plum Quad, so I don't think there would be a problem with that... Maybe I'll do that soon for the holidays... because I think that might be a good way to judge if this would make a good gift for someone... because I love it, but I think my friends that tend to wear more neutral looks for work probably wouldn't like it all that much. 

Ultimately: Do I think this would be worth the $60... absolutely! Its only a few more dollars than an Urban Decay Naked palette and there's just wayyy more that you can do with it... and in my opinion, its better quality than the Naked 3 palette. The packaging is a lot better... the only thing is that its bulky and hard to store... but I still think its worth the $60! 

I know that there are ways of getting this palette after its been sold out... there are makeup selling groups on Facebook, there are some makeup selling apps and instagram... I don't think I'd pay more than $60 for it. Its not that I don't think its worth that... but at the end of the day, there are other shades and other palettes like this that you probably can get. In my collection I noticed some similar Buxom Shadows, The Kat Von D Shade n Light Plum quad, my Slytherin look is similar to a look I did with the Nars Kauai duo. Even though its more expensive to buy all the dupes... I just wanted to mention that if you have a large makeup collection... these shades aren't completely unique. So, just in general don't buy makeup for an insane price... there's always something similar out there...its just safer to go that route than the buying something online that you aren't quite sure about route. You know? 

I'm also just going to mention to beware of fake palettes. If something looks too good to be true... it is! Only buy from someone you trust, if you know them, that is even better... Don't get scammed this holiday season. A lot of fake makeup palettes actually go to funding horrible things like human trafficking and have questionable ingredients in them including rat poop and arsenic and actual human urine... so don't spend money on something that can potentially be disgusting. 

So yeah... if you google or youtube "counterfeit makeup" you will see a lot of sources saying the exact same thing...

So on that sad note... This real palette is awesome and if you like the colors in it, I think it is a great palette to get for yourself! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments