October Favorites 2016

This is a fun one! I tried a lot of new stuff this month because its my birthday month... and a lot of its been working in my favor!

Let's start out with the big ones... Palettes! My #1pick if you're going to get something this holiday season is definitely the Kat Von D Matte Metal Palette. I'm going to do a whole review on this probably by next Wednesday... but it is amazing! The mattes blend nicely the metals are super pigmented... its a really easy palette to come up with looks for! There are some colors that I think can be duped... so if you can't find them, don't worry because I think you can probably find the colors elsewhere... but these are really great shades... one of the best palettes I have. I love it!

And the other favorite is the Lorac Mega Pro 3. If you're more into neutral colors, this is the palette for you! You can do a lot of great neutral looks. There's a warmer section and a cooler section of this palette, its well divided between the two I think... and the formula is just as nice as the regular Lorac palettes, I know it is slightly different... but I think if you're familiar with the Lorac Formula, you'll still really like this one. Its a really good palette and its great for creating a quick, easy neutral look!

Another holiday set I've been using a lot is the It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Palette. I have a review on this coming up on Wednesday... so I don't want to get too much into it... but its a good palette. I like the ease of use, I can just grab it and have everything I need for a full face and its super easy. This was a total impulse buy... but it worked out so well and I just really like it a lot.

I also really liked the Makeup Revolution Blush Palettes I tried this month. I have Sugar and Spice and Hot Spice... they're both really nice. Again, its easy to just grab and use because you've got a lot of blushes and highlights all in one place. I think its a good value because its only $10 for 8 blushes I think and they're all really good. And it has a nice palette... so its especially good!

Also from the drugstore Ulta Brand Legendary Length Mascara. I bought this on a whim because I want to try all the Ulta Brand Mascaras because I do like them and I thought they were going to phase out my Amped  Lashes Mascara. When I first tried this, I didn't think it did enough for my lashes and I was kind of like "meh." But, after wearing it a little more I think it really works well. It has the same type of wand as the Better Than Sex Mascara... I can't wear the Better Than Sex, I think I'm allergic... so this isn't quite as black and voluminous looking as that one... but its still really good. Its been my favorite lately...and I just really like it.

I've mostly been wearing my It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination CC Cream for my foundation because I'm trying to finish it... and that is good and I do like it... but I would probably purchase the regular CC Cream if I were to repurchase it. But my actual favorite foundation of the month is the Too Faced Born This Way. This is a great foundation, it always works for me... it gives good coverage, it lasts for a long time, it doesn't look cakey or bad... and its just overall a really great foundation! I love it!

The Nars Dual Intensity Eye Shadow in Rigel... this is the most beautiful shadow... I love the Nars Dual Intensity shadows... This and Himalia are the 2 that I have and they're both 2 of my favorite single shadows that are like go- tos for me to do a fancy look with. I love them.

One I didn't know whether or not it would be a favorite of the month or not is the Babyfeet foot peel/mask. My feet has started peeling a lot, not all the way done... but so far I really like it so far! I'll have a fuller review probably at the end of the month.

I've also been loving the Tresseme Beauty Full Shampoo and conditioner. Its a reverse wash, so yo use the conditioner first and then the shampoo. I think it works really well for my hair... it also works great with another favorite: The Living Proof PhD Styling treatment. Really gives some nice volume! And I love how it looks with my short hair... also sort of a favorite! I love having short hair! A lot of my blogs were pre-written... so you might not have seen it that much! I got the Tresseme stuff from Influenster... but then I bought the full sizses... so that was good!

Just some lip stuff I want to mention too. I got the Maybelline Superstay 24 from influenster also... and I'll have a review of those soon, but I loved the shade Keep Up The Flame. I thought that was a really good one. It lasted pretty well and its just a really pretty color in general.

I also got the new Smashbox Light it Up Lip Set, and I thought that was a really great set. I love the color selection in it and its really good! I would recommend trying this or giving it as a gift. I love it, and it is a super useful thing to gift because it has every color of lipstick you would need, plus a mini lip mattifyer and you can re-use the case it comes in... so its actually quite useful!

I think that is everything for the month! Finish 13 by Halloween will be coming up soon. Some reviews of all the new things I got during my birthday month will be coming soon... and then Blogmas in December... big months coming up!

Byee
-Shannon


Comments