Huge Birthday Month Haul + VIB Sale Haul

I've been doing some crazy shopping lately because of my Birthday month... and I thought I'd wait to post this until after the VIB Sale and the Ulta 20%off sale and stuff like that because I wanted to make it a little bit more fun... but yeah. I've been using the stuff and here's what I think of it so far!

Sephora 
I wanted to get the Smashbox Light it Up Lip Set before the sale... just because I thought it was a good deal anyway and I wanted to try it! I've been using it a lot and I really like the lipsticks. I love the color selection and the packaging... and the Lip Mattifying Balm is really really cool. I like it a lot!

And I got the Nars Dual Intensity Shadow in Rigel... I swatched this and it was the prettiest shadow I've ever seen... it reminds me of Stila Kitten... but in the Dual Intensity Line... soooo nice! And there weren't that many left... and it was before the announcement that Nars was going to be at Ulta... so that's exciting too... and I just like it a lot! I'm excited to use it!

Ulta 
There are multiple trips to places... and some back and forth... but I needed new brushes, so I got the It Cosmetics Airbrush Eye Shadow brush and the Blending brush... and I love them! I also got one of the Jewelry boxes that they had there that you could buy for a $5 donation to breast cancer. The brushes are super nice because I don't have many eye brushes... and the jewelry box is useful because I've gone to my friends house a couple of times and this works well for putting jewelry in for travel. There's a little bag in it so your necklaces don't get tangled. Its really nice.

Harmon 
Might have mentioned this in my last haul... but I got a couple of the Wet n Wild Nail Polishes from the holiday line. I got "I dream of Jean Genie" and "R-U-Free-2 Dance?" I love I Dream Of Jean Genie... that lasted a long time... one of the best polishes I've tried in my opinion. Its just soo good. And the other one is just a glitter topcoat... it gives a tiny bit of shimmer onto your nails... it is very little... but its pretty! I used it with Lacey Lilac from Sally Hansen and it looks really cool. I'll try to insert a picture...

Ulta Again 
I got the Lorac Mega Pro 3 palette... which I have been using and loving lately. Its got every neutral you might need... its so pretty. I just really like it. I've only used it a couple of times... but its great! I had trouble getting this because they put the points for this on my moms rewards card instead of my rewards card... and then I contacted guest services and they said I had to go back in store... then when I got in store she said "I think you have to call guest services." And I was like "...". I think she was saying the same thing I was saying that you have to return and repurchase it and it will go to your card automatically... but she didn't say it clearly enough... and she wasn't very helpful... so that was kind of making me mad. She was friendly... but you can see its frustrating. I still prefer Ulta's rewards system... but they need to step up their customer service game and train their employees a little better... Not calling them out here Ulta is still my favorite store... but come on! Lol.

I also got a gift with purchase that came with a Laura Gellar blush, lipgloss and a tiny makeup bag that is a perfect size for any purse. Its really nice! I like it a lot! The blush and gloss are nice too.

Sephora Again... 
I got the Kat Von D Metal Matte palette... and I haven't used it yet... but I love it! Its so pretty it has just about every color you would need. 9 shimmers, all hits and the mattes I've only swatched... and I don't think that relates how they are on the eyes that well... but they are really nice too!

And I got the Marc Jacobs Birthday Gift! It has the Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Lipstick and an eyeliner. I've heard great things about the Marc Jacobs eyeliners... I want to see for myself... but I'm happy I chose the Marc Jacobs!

Ulta 
I decided to use my birthday coupons from Ulta to get $10 off and a free Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy eyeshadow. So I got the eyeshadow. I love Urban Decay single shadows. So I'm excited about that.

And then I got the It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Face Palette. I like this, but I don't think its for everyone. I did a "Worth it Wednesday" on this... so yeah!

Birthday Gifts 
My sister got me the Baby Feet foot peel/mask thingy. So far I really like it! I'm still peeling, but its exciting! If I don't already have a post on this, its coming soon. It really makes your feet nice and soft and peeling is so satisfying.

My friend Alyssa got me a few things that she liked, which is really thoughtful!

First off the L'oreal Telescopic Mascara. This is a very iconic drugstore mascara that I've never tried before. I'm really excited to! I'll have a first impression on that if I don't already.

And an Elf Primer in the Pearl formula. I love the regular elf primer's I've tried... I feel like this is even a little longer lasting for shimmery shadows. I'm not sure if I would use this on my own as an eye shadow... but it does make shimmery shadows look more vibrant and its just really nice!

Next is the Toulon Ultra Hydrating Eye Gel. This feels really nice under my eyes and on my forehead. I really like this so far. I actually just wrote a blog post on my other blog saying that this helped me get up in the morning just a little better because my face feels more hydrated and just better.

And the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Champagne on Ice. This is such a pretty neutral color. It has shimmer in it, but its just so good! I like it a lot already... can't believe I've never tried any revlon lipsticks!

Bath and Body Works 
They had a sale on their fall stuff because they're getting ready for Christmas already... which is fine because I wanted to get their Fall Body Sprays... but I didn't want to pay full price... so they were half off and I thought that was good! I got the Pumpkin Cupcake, Salted Caramel Pumpkin and Pumpkin Apple Cider. I have the Pumpkin Cupcake on now from last night... its soooo good! I love it! I might get another if they have any more. Lol.

Harmon 
I just got a few things here again... been wanting to try some new drugstore things.

First off the Erase Your Face Face Face wipes. This is like the Makeup Eraser... its a little different. So far it works, but its a little messy. These were $10 for 4... so not bad!

Next up the Revlon Cream Eyeshadow! This is new. I got the color Caramel, or something like that. I know it was caramel something, they put the name on the wrapping, so I threw it out... but I know Caramel is in the title. Lol. I like this a lot so far. Its creamier than the Maybelline and I feel like you're getting more bang for your buck with it cause it comes with a handy brush and it looks like its a little more product.

And the most exciting is the Elf Flawless Finish Foundation. I love this so far. I've used it twice and it might be my favorite foundation ever! I need to do a review on this. I'll have a review on the Cream eyeshadow and maybe the Erase Your Face things... but its all good!


Sephora VIB Sale 
I got the 2 Anastasia Beverly Hills Palettes. The Master by Mario palette has been getting really great reviews and I kind of wanted to try it. And the Modern Renaissance also got great reviews so I wanted to check that out. Plus I swatched them in store and then I began to say lord, show me how to say no to this. Lol. Hope everyone enjoys that little bit of Hamilton.

Next up Nars... and they had the Sarah Moon Velvet Lip Glide set... and I wanted those in my life! So I got those too.

And last but not least I thought, "Ohhh I want a highlighter" and I decided to get the Becca Rose Quartz highlight... I'm excited. I know I said I wouldn't get Becca anymore... but I will. Lol. They've regained my trust.

Byeee! Hope this was helpful!
-Shannon



Comments