Worth It Wednesday: It Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Complexion Perfecter Face Palette

I bought this palette sort of on a whim. I was in Ulta on my birthday and I had the $10 off coupon and the free Midnight Cowboy Eyeshadow Coupon and I was looking for the new Smashbox Blush Palette... they didn't have that... but they did have this one so I thought "Yeah, for $32 I think that's worth it." For $42 it seemed like a lot to me... but $32 seemed pretty good to me.

The Packaging 
I just need to take a moment to appreciate the packaging... because it is frickin beautiful and luxurious looking! It gets messy because its sort of a mirrored palette... but there's a button, guys! You push a button to open it up! And then there's this beautiful big mirror with the It logo on the bottom corner and the 4 beautiful face products with the Je Ne Sais Quoi stamped into the highlight... it just feels more luxury than the pricetag... and that is awesome.

Its also awesome because of how they arranged it. The Blush and Powder are on top... which is good because they're matte and you don't want any colors or glitters getting in the powder... and the highlight is on the bottom, which makes sense. I haven't really experienced a lot of powder kickoff using these products... but it could happen.

The Products 
It is so easy to have a Blush, Bronzer, Highlight and an actual face powder all in one thing. And these are easy ones to use in a hurry... which is great because if I have to take time doing eye makeup or face makeup, I'd rather do eye makeup. I feel like this cuts a lot of the steps down and just makes it super easy.

The bronzer is a little bit cooler toned. I use it for contouring, its very very light. I've been using it with mostly dense brushes and its still not one that really shows up... it does, but it just gives a very natural look on me... which I like I feel like it's still sculpted... but not too much. BTW just turned it around and apparently the bronzer is Sunshine in A Compact in the color Warmth... so maybe it is warmer toned? Its warmer toned than some bronzers... but cooler toned than a lot too... lol. Its still so subtle you can't tell that much.

Then the blush.This is the Bye Bye Pores blush in Je Ne Sais Quoi. It is a really nice blush that I do think helps hide pores. This is a blush that seems like it will be super pigmented and hard to blend... but its not. Its a really good blush for just being able to put on and not worry too much about. I've used fluffier brushes and denser blushes... and it works both ways. I really like the color... it is quite pink... but still looks pretty natural. It doesn't come off as "OH she's got too much blush on" its just a nice color. Its nice!

Next step is the highlight... again this isn't super strong... but you can kind of build it up to be really strong and I really do like it. I think this is a good glasses palette. I wear glasses a lot and this kind of suits the way my makeup looks with these. Its really nice. By the Way this is the Perfect Lighting Luminizer in Je Ne Sais Quoi.

And then the Bye Bye Pores powder... which I just think is awesome to have a total face powder in a palette like this... you can kind of do anything with this and I think its awesome... plus I've really wanted to try this powder... and I like it a lot! It isn't messy... I'm used to wearing loose powders... so I kind of like that. It reminds me a little of my Elf HD powder. I think it helps my foundation last a little and it does kind of give that 'perfected face' look. Btw... I just hit the wrong quotes by accident and didn't want to correct it... so yeah. Lol. It kind of helps with pores and it gives an overall photoshopped type of look.

Other interesting thing about It Cosmetics... They're from Jersey City! Thats kind of cool. This particular palette was Made in China... which I didn't know... a lot of holiday sets kind of cheap out on quality when they make their products in China... maybe that is why some of these are less pigmented than they should be... I like the less pigmented look for face products and I think this just makes my face look better overall... so I don't know if I would recommend it to anyone with  deep or medium skintone even... but if you are fair and a lot of face products tend to look too much on you I think this is good. I also think this is good for dry skin because a lot of times I think powders don't layer all that well on top of each other... but these powders all look pretty good!

Who I think this is best for? 
As I mentioned... I feel like this would be better for lighter skintones... which kind of sucks. I feel like the blush might work for deeper skintones... possibly even the highlight... but idk with everything being so subtle if it would really be worth it. I know there are a lot of blush palettes out that have a better color selection that would work for more people... and for the most part I think there are a lot in the same price range or even more affordable.

Its also good if you travel a lot because it really is an all in one palette and a nice, big mirror in a pretty sturdy case.

It also makes a good gift for someone. If you know someone fair that likes face products a lot, this would be good!

This might not be the best choice if you're a makeup artist looking for something for your kit... but it might be good because you do get everything you'd need for a full look... and its probably hard to get products for fairer skintones... so maybe it would be good.

I don't know if it is really worth $42 to be honest... that is really expensive and these are large products... but I don't know if I'd really want it without the coupon when Smashbox has such a large palette for $39... so yeah.

But overall I really love this, it has been a favorite of mine this month, I'm happy to have it but idk if I can say its $42 worth of happiness... but it is $32 worth of happiness lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments