Grungy All Matte Smokey Look w. Urban Decay Jean Michel Basquait Gold Griot Palette

I kind of love this palette... and I like this look a lot! Here's what I did!

I did a few things differently than I normally would with this look... I was kind of backwards today... and it kind of worked... so I'm just going to go in the order that I did things because it's confusing.

First I color corrected under my eyes with the Nyx Color Correcting Palette. Then I used the Maybelline Better Skin Concealer. And then I used the cream contour in the Tartiest pro glow palette... all before putting on my foundation.

Instead of doing my foundation right then I actually went to Eye Makeup. I used the Nyx Color Correcting Palette in the yellow color and then I used the Ulta Matte Primer and then I went in with the shade Leviatation all over the lid and I built that up a little bit... and for the crease I used Not For

Sale... which is one of my favorite colors ever. And then for the outer corner I used BK to make it nice and smokey and then I used Pseudonym as a liner.

Went back to my face! I used Maybelline's Blur and Illuminate primer and then the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation with a little bit of the Coverfx Custom Infusion Drops in Hydration. This is the most successful I've been with the drops so far... only used a couple of drops! I blended that in with an oval brush... then I took the powder side of the tartiest pro glow and used that to contour with. For Blush I used Covergirl's Soft Mink and for highlight I used the shade Lit from the palette... so good!

I put on It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara and then I blended my eyes a little bit more. The color I used as a liner that I mentioned before I did a tiny wing on the top and then put it on my lower lashes. I used that with one of the straighter ends of one of the brushes from the Jean Michel Basquait collection... so that was easy.

For the lips I used Cashew from Bite Beauty's Multi Stick Line... that is the best! And I powdered with the middle shade of the Fiona Stiles Palette.

And voila! Hope you guys like this look... I really did!

P.S... I did not have a close up of the eyes! Ugh I'm sorry... I thought I had it... but I didn't. It's basically a light matte with darker mattes on the outer corner... lol. The picture I had was far too blurry and it is pretty hard to capture matte looks.

UPDATE:  I found the picture of the Eye Look! Here it is! Sorry about that! I found this looking at pictures for the Worth it Wednesday Post about this... coming soon!


Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments