Thrifty Thursday: Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue

I was sent this product for reviewing purposes from influenster... and I'm super happy to review this. I've wanted to try more of those Iconic products from the drugstore because for the most part... they're all really good. If there's hype over a drugstore product... it's definitely worth checking out- especially if it is not a "new at the drugstore" product... usually the older items have worked better for me personally. The Revlon Superlustrous Lipsticks, the Covergirl Blushes, L'oreal Voluminous... I think I need to try the Revlon Colorstay Foundation and then I may have completed the journey of these older at the drugstore icons. Lol. 

This however... isn't as good as those products... but it isn't bad! It's maybe the best of the worst mascaras I've ever tried... lol. It lifts the lashes up pretty nicely and gives a good amount of volume. It is kind of a subtle mascara as far as length and volume goes. It looks like you have very naturally nice lashes- it won't give you a ton of length and volume. It won't make it look like you have false lashes on... but it does give you enough of a something for a day to day look. It's pretty buildable- so you can build it up and it'll get a little bit better... but it won't make anything stand out. 

I kind of like using this mascara with another mascara. I've been using it lately with the Fiona Stiles Limitless Lengths Mascara- which is a good one... and this just adds a little bit to that. It isn't something I totally need... but it is pretty good and I like that. 

The blue color isn't overly vibrant... which I like. Colored mascaras usually don't do too much other than give a little bit of a tint- or they show up well on the lower lashline. It enhances the eyes a little and it probably looks better with blue eyes... but its still very nice and vibrant. I don't usually put mascara on my lower lashes... so I didn't try that... but it would probably show up nicely there. 

If I were to ever purchase this mascara again I would definitely want to try a waterproof mascara because this does not wear very well. Its okay day to day... but I have watery eyes... this isn't something you want to wear to see a movie about a dog... this isn't something that will hold up through a breakup... it might not even hold up in a rain storm... so that kind of sucks... but I do believe there's probably a waterproof version. 

The one HUGE thing that this mascara has going for it is that it's so easily available! You could probably pick this up at any grocery store, maybe even some convenience stores... I think the book store at my college might have even had this. It's super affordable and you can get it at the checkout line almost anywhere... so if you're on a trip or something and you forgot to pack mascara- you could probably find this super super easily. I think it's about 5 dollars and 30 cents I want to say... so if you're on a budget this is perfect. If you go to school I would say this is awesome... but maybe apply it after gym class or get the waterproof. It'll last you long enough and it looks very natural so it will just be a nice, refreshing wake up... It's the number 1 selling mascara for a reason and these are definitely all good reasons. 

The colorful one is fun for the summer I guess and maybe for Festival Makeup... that wouldn't really be a selling point for me because it just doesn't do enough for me as far as color goes... but I'm still going to use it and I would consider purchasing it in the future! 

Thanks to Influenster for sending me this! If you want to join influenster you should! It's free makeup and you try some stuff that has maybe flown under the radar! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments