Worth It Wednesday: Tarte Make Believe In Yourself Palette

This is a new and very daring palette from Tarte... and it's kind of amazing... but $40 is a lot of money... is it worth it? 

These shadows are really nice and pigmented. I really love the color variety for a Tarte Palette. Tarte has a lot of very neutral palettes... and I just appreciated that they did this... and as a makeup nerd... this is something I kind of loved! I'm proud of them for that! 

And it looks like there's a lot that you can do with this palette... but all the looks kind of end up looking the same... just with different colors. I guess if you use something like the Teal it can be a super super different look... but these aren't too crazy over the top. If you were going to wear this to lunch with your mom or something along those lines... this is a way to be colorful without being too over the top! So I think that is a good thing. There are different colorful palettes on the market right now... if "not the most intense- but still pigmented" appeals to you... this is your friend. 

There is only one matte color in the palette... and it's one that goes well with all of the colors... I've heard some people say that they wish there were more matte options... I kind of wish it was maybe a darker matte... but I like the one matte option. It's just very easy to use and it makes it a little quicker. The Tartiest palettes are mostly mattes so if you have that and just want more color variety- this would be a great one to use along with that... some good options for that! 

I also really like the highlighter in the middle here... it's pretty and it just looks nice on my cheeks. They usually have a blush in the middle... I like that in this trendy palette they did a highlight... it's also a pretty basic highlight... nothing crazy... kind of wish they had just gone for it and done a very trendy highlight... but they did a good job picking one everyone would like. 

I'm not a big fan of the circular packaging... Sometimes the closure doesn't close well... I think these are easy enough to depot... I'm not going to do anything like that... I'll probably end up traveling with this... but yeah. I might use a hair tie or rubber band just to keep it closed. 

Also the shadows are really good if you kind of build them up and layer them. It's kind of foiled looking and pretty. I like it a lot! These are nice shadows for that... and I'm just a fan! I like it a lot! 

So I think it was worth it to me... might not be worth it to everyone... but it is really pretty and unique for the brand... so I'm happy about that! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments