Worth It Wednesday: Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Palette- First Impressions, Details, Pros and Cons

Alrighty! This is one I'm going to give a lot of time into. I'm going to try to be as detailed as I can with this... even though a lot of my thoughts are first impression pros and cons types of things... so yeah.

Also keep in mind... this is something that is probably made for professional Makeup Artists, and I am not a professional MUA. I don't freelance or anything... I'm just a person that likes makeup and I still think this is kind of useful for that.

First Impressions 

Pros+ Cons 

Cons- This palette is a cream palette... those can get very messy.

I don't really know how much of each color to mix together to make a new color.

Time Consuming.

If someone asks "What lipstick is that" it isn't that easy to tell them.

The shade combinations I've come up with are colors that are probably in my collection already.

Feathers outside the lip line a little and it doesn't last all that long on the lips.

There are weird colors in this meant to mix things to make it, warmer, cooler, darker or lighter... that's why there's a yellow, a black and a white... but chances are I'm going to finish something like the pink before the yellow... and then I'll just have this palette with a yellow in it.

The packaging is a little cheap... no mirror. Not a huge problem for a professional... but for a regular person probably not.

Not easy for re-touchups.

Pros 

This is by far the most fun I've ever had reviewing a lip palette. It's like a treat I needed for my blog.

If you need a yellow, white or black for some reason... there you go!

It comes with a nice Spatula/brush thing that makes it easy to use and mix! And there's a mixing palette with it also... so that's pretty useful.

Although I'd say a con is there is no look book of what to do with it... there is a lot on Anastasia's instagram and instagram in generals.

It's really versatile. The colors are also safe for the face and I believe for the eyes as well... so you could use these as cream shadows or color correctors too. Not sure how long it would last, unfortunately.

The formula is very matte and very comfortable. It doesn't feel like you have a bunch of different colors on your lip...  and it doesn't really look like that either. It's also nice and opaque.

I think you could probably fill it with other lipsticks when you're done. So that's useful!

If you don't mind the bulky packaging, this would be good to take on a trip.

It's a good creative outlet. Very fun and sort of relaxing to mix these.

Unique!

OVERALL: NOT FOR EVERYONE... BUT MY FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE THAT I LOVEEEEE IT!!!!! 

After More Time... 

Honestly... I haven't reached for it a ton after I first bought it... it's not bad it's just if I don't have a lot of time in the morning or if I know I'm going to need to retouch later on in the day... I don't reach for this because it isn't the easiest thing for me to use day to day.

That being said... It's not like I touch up my lipstick while I'm out anyway... unless I'm doing something really special or I just, simply feel like doing it... It's not something I regularly do... so I could use this still.

It does work well with the Milani Anti Feathering Lip Liner! That's a great lip primer, so I like it with that.

Overall the times I have used the palette- I've loved it, I've had a lot of fun with it... it really isn't practical for every day and it is expensive... it's worth it for the fun- but not for the practicality!


Hope this was helpful! I had a lot of fun reviewing it... I want to do some different lip looks with this and maybe do a blog about that... but I'm not sure how limited this is and I wanted to make sure to get a review up first!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments