Makeup Bag Monday- April!

I thought this would be fun to do. Since I’ve started babysitting my niece, I’ve mainly been using the same few items every week and I use a Train Case to keep everything together- So I thought this would be the easiest thing to do… plus it’s fun to share on Instagram and on here… so this would be fun. I might keep up with doing this… I might not.We’ll see what happens. 

Anyways… here’s what’s been in my makeup bags! 

Week 1 April 10th- 15th 
I definitely used a few different products in here because I didn’t know what I was doing at the beginning of the week… but here are the products anyway lol. 

First off- The Maybelline Master Prime Blur and Illuminate primer. This is pretty good- I’m trying to use it up because I’ve had this for quite a while and it’s just about done. 

For Foundation I have the Fiona Stiles Illuminating Foundation Concentrate… I need a new one of these! This is really good and I think I’m just about done with it. I’ve used it almost every day since Christmas… so that was really good… wish I had gotten a back up when it was on sale… but I didn’t. Ohhh well… still loving this and want another. 

For Blush I’ve been using the Benefit Boxed Blush Palette… This was the first blush palette they ever released and I kept it in a magnetic palette. I’m just about done with Dandelion… which used to be my everyday blush… I think I’ll try and finish this up and I put the benefit boxed blushes on my No Buy List… so I won’t repurchase them… they weren’t bad at all… but if Benefit goes Cruelty Free- I’ll consider repurchasing it! 

For Highlight the Wet n Wild Boozy Brunch Highlight… I can’t get enough of this… with these Benefit blushes, for this time of year especially… it’s just amazing. 

For Eye Primer I have the Ulta one. This is a good one- it’s been working pretty well for me… not my absolute favorite- I kind of want to try the Smashbox ones that Baily B has mentioned a few times now… but this gets the job done. 

The two eye palettes are the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes and the Sugar Pop Palette. I’m doing an Ultimate Too Faced Recommendations list… so these are the first 2 I picked out… I’m not going to tell you the winner… but I did love using them both! 

For Mascara I used the Fiona Stiles Limitless Lengths… Idk if I like this or the Limitless Lengths… but they’re both good and I would recommend them! 

And last but not least for lips I have the Milani Amore Matte Metallic in Prismatic Touch… I’m pretty sure that’s the color… its a really pretty lighter pink shimmer. Really nice. And I have the Bareminerals Gen Nude in Juju. 

I know I used other things like the Nyx Faux white… that’s not in the picture… so I’m not putting that down… but I used that. 

Week of April 17th 

I’ll start off with all the Palettes this week… because there are a lot of palettes here! 

The Essence Contour Duo is kind of a palette. I have been using the white side as a powder… and I kind of like that. Idk if I’ll use the contour as much… this is my 2nd-ish day of using these products… so yeah. If I use it a lot… I’ll probably include it next week too. 

I decided to put the Nyx Color Correcting Palette in this week too.. I used this once last week… and I liked it a lot- so I thought it needed another week… hopefully I’ll use it a little bit more. It’s a good one! I like it a lot! 

Also for the face the Benefit Cheek Palette that I mentioned in last week… trying to pan a little bit… so maybe I’ll use Dandelion some more to try and finish up. 

For the eyes I have the Too Faced Natural Matte, the Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Self Made. The ABH Self Made I just did a look with today and I actually used it Saturday too. I think ABH improved their formula a lot. I love the Pink Champagne shade… which is in the permanent line… it’s really good… and the 2 Too Faced Palettes are great too… I’m trying to do an Ultimate Too Faced Guide for their eye palettes comparing a lot as I said before… so we’ll see how these 2 do! I’ll have pictures of both! 

And last but not least in the palette category the ABH Lip Palette… I want to do a whole guide with looks and pictures… Im bad at taking pictures with the palette… but I do really like it a lot. Doesn’t last the longest- I’ll need to use the Milani Lip Liner with this… but this is good too! 

Also in the lip category the same Milani Lipstick from last week and Urban Decay’s Rapture- which is one of my favorites. 

I have some other drugstore products in here that I’ll talk about too. Influenster sent me the Maybelline Great Lash Blue Mascara and a Blue Eyeliner… They aren’t the best products in the world… but I actually do like the mascara a lot… I’ll definitely have reviews of these at some point… but there are pros and cons of these… but the big pro of the Maybelline Great lash is how accessible it is! You can find it pretty much anywhere and it’s super affordable… so if you’re on vacation and you forget a mascara- you can probably pick this one up! 
I have a White Eyeliner from Rimmel- it was in the Target Beauty box… I wasn’t crazy about this because it’s a white eyeliner… but I used it under my lashline today and it was pretty okay! Idk if it lasted very long… I took a little bit of a nap and it might not still be on because it does rub away easily… but its not terrible. 

I also have the Jesse’s Girl Liquid Liner. This is just good… Really good easy eyeliner. Also the Nyx Faux White in Vanilla- I use this almost everyday… its’ good. Also from Nyx the jumbo pencil in Milk… this is good. I’ve been liking it as a primer a lot. It’s just good! 

I also have a couple of primers in here. The Ulta Matte Primer and the Elf Pearl Primer… I think I’m almost done with the Elf one… so I think I’m going to use it up. I liked it a lot… but there’s not a ton of product in there. The Ulta one is good too… I talked about that before… so yeah! 

I also have a face primer from the drugstore- the Maybelline Blur and Illuminate. Mentioned that before. The Elf Flawless Finish foundation is in here too because why not… plus I’m running out of the Fiona Stiles- so that should be good! Hopefully I’ll buy a new foundation of some kind during the sephora/ ulta sales. 
Also in the face department- the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin Concealer. I like this. 

The Wet n Wild Boozy Brunch Highlight has just been my favorite… so that’s not going anywhere right now. 

And then I have 2 more face products in here. The Fiona Stiles Foundation that I’m pretty much out of and the Bareminerals Mineral Veil Powder. 

I might get some more things too… I ordered the Jouer palette and I want to go to the Ulta and Sephora sales this week… so hopefully I can get some stuff there and then I’ll have a new makeup basket next week… with some Too Faced Stuff still maybe? Idk lol. 

Week of April 24th 
This week I have mostly high end makeup… mostly from the recent sales that have been going on and I’ve hauled it all recently… so it’s not surprising… but it’s still good stuff! I’m really loving this one so far… so yeah! 

Let’s get started with the eye palettes! I have the Nars Fully Loaded Eyeshadow Palette. This is a great neutral palette… really fancy but one of my favorites. I also have the Jouer Springtime in Paris and the Tarte Make Believe In Yourself Palettes. I love these too… they’re really fun for spring and summer as well. 

Also as far as palettes go I have the Anastasia Lip Palette… idk if I’ll use this… I haven’t been using it too much recently… but I really want to take the time and come up with more colors for this… right now it just isn’t happening… but I’ll try. 

And I have the Nyx Color Correcting Palette. I like using the yellow as a primer and the salmon color as a concealer… so I’ve been doing that! 

The Essence Contour Kit… I think I talked about this last week. 

And last but not least the Benefit Boxed Powder Palette that I have. This is good… trying to use it up because I don’t love it as much as I did… but it’s good! I think I’m close to hitting pan on Dandelion… so I’m leaving it in here until I do hit pan on that. 

And also for blush I have a blush from Primark. This is really a highlight- but it’s rosy. The name is Rose Prosecco and I’ve been using that as a blush this week and I’ve been really, really liking it! For $4 it is really good! 

Other face makeup I have the Smashbox Primer Oil and the Maybelline Master Prime for primers. I thought the Oil would work well with the stick foundation and the Maybelline Master Prime is another product I’d like to use up… so I’m going to try to do that! 

Speaking of the Stick Foundation… I have the Makeup Forever Stick Foundation! I just got this so I’m using it all week! I like it a lot so far! 


The CoverFx Custom Enhancer Drops in Halo are what I’ve been mixing with my foundation and using as a highlight this week. I like it. I think I like mixing it with the foundation a lot because it gives a nice, dewy finish. 

And that's everything! I think I'll be doing these once a month or so... let me know if you guys like this or if you'd like it better organized or anything... I feel like it's a big jumble. I post pictures of the Makeup bag on my Instagram- Shannonsreviews! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments