Worth It Wednesday: Nars Fully Loaded Eyeshadow Palette

So as of right now I've only used this palette 3 times... I usually like using them a little bit more than that before doing a full review... but this is limited edition, I have used most of the shades in the palette already, people on Instagram have been asking me about this palette... so I'm just going to write about what I think of it right now... and then I'll either post an update at the end- or I'll post an update on instagram when I actually post this... but here's what I think about it so far.

The price seems a little steep. It's $59... but really if you think about it- it is only 5 more dollars than the Urban Decay Naked Palettes - which keep going up in price... and could someday be $59. And to me this feels a lot more luxurious than the Urban Decay Naked Palettes. The packaging is really nice and clever. The shades are a little bit more fun and something I'll reach for more. There's a little bit more versatility with the shadows as far as warm and cool shades go.. and personally I think the formula is better! So yes- I would say in that respect it is really worth it.

These shadows are maybe the easiest shadows to blend that I've ever tried. They're soft, but not quite as soft as the Lorac Pro shadows... so I would say these are just a little easier to blend than those are. The Lorac shadows have a little fallout... so these are just kind of perfect. It doesn't take long to do a really good- put together look.

It also has a great color selection. When I look at it I think "Wow, this is an awesome warm neutral palette." But there are actually some really great cool colors too... so you could do a cool toned look, a warm toned look, an all matte look, or a smokey look... and it's all just super easy and its all just very versatile.

I also like how small the palette is. It would be easy to travel with- it isn't too bulky to fit in my everyday makeup drawers... which is where it is going right away... and even though it isn't super cutesy... it isn't chocolate scented, the names of the colors aren't printed on it... it's more practical and it feels a little more glamorous than cutesy... so I really like that about it.

I buy a lot of high end brands like Tarte, Too Faced and those types of brands... I would consider Nars more in the Luxury category and they're really the only luxury brand I feel like is worth trying. I've swatched a Viseart palette in Sephora stores... it just didn't see it being worth the extremely high price. A lot of luxury brands don't look like they have bad products... I just can't really see the price being worth it... but Nars is reasonably priced for a more luxurious brand... and I've never been disappointed in a Nars product. I haven't tried that much makeup from nars... but this palette, their single shadows, their lip glosses and blushes are all really really amazing.

And overall... these are kind of my favorite colors. It looks a little bit like the Jouer Essential Matte and Shimmer palette to me...but it's totally different to me. There are some satin colors... the shimmery colors are a little bit more shimmery than the ones in the Jouer Palette and it is one I just find very useful! I've really been enjoying using it a lot, this is a great investment if you're looking for an everyday palette... this could be the only palette you need and it's totally 100% worth that to me!


Comments