Worth It Wednesday: Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Shadow

This is one of those products that isn't that expensive... and it is really nice and pretty and I do like it a lot... but for ALL the hype that this has been getting it makes me kind of reconsider how I define "Worth it Wednesday." It's not easy to work with... there's a lot of fallout... and it's really pretty and glittery... which isn't really for everyone... but for those who love all the glitter and don't mind the fallout this is great... but for me it is mildly annoying.

I don't have a glitter glue... I'm trying to use this without a glitter glue because I don't want to have to buy an extra thing to get this to work... I just want it to work on its own... but there is a TON of fallout. I've worn it alone before, today I used a primer and set that with a light powder... and I kind of liked how that worked... but it didn't really decrease the fallout or anything of the shadow. I'll probably update this with some other info about other primers afterwards... but so far... meh? I'll probably end up getting a glitter glue... but I'm still sort of not recommending this fully based on a fact that you have to buy another thing to use this... too complicated. Strike one.

I'm not all that impressed with the range of colors they initially released. They're all really pretty... but there are like 4 variations of one color. So I'm not going to be like "OMG GO GET EVERY COLOR RIGHT NOW! FLY AWAY MONEY!!! 💸💸💸💸💸💸 Because... it's just a bunch of gold, rose gold... slightly golder gold...  nothing super special. They do have a spring collection as well with some more spring-y colors... and that excited me a little more because I have a feeling they're coming out with more seasonal colors and that would be fun. That would be kind of fun to collect and it would be good if you just wanted to use these seasonally. I don't think there's a ton of product in here, so if you use it enough you could probably finish the colors seasonally... so that's good.

These are very much one n done types of shadows too. Aside from needing something so the glitter doesn't fall out... it's opaque on its own and it's easy to just use this alone for an eye look with a matte color in the crease and maybe outer corner. I don't put anything on top of this. I wanted to do a look with this today for my blog and it was really easy. The applicator and the tube it comes in are good. I like that it's clear so you'll be able to see how much you use.

This would probably be good to travel with also because it's so fancy and so easy to just put on for an eye look.

Would not recommend using this and then seeing a sad movie. I did that and got a stye the next week... other than that... these are nice.

Do I like this a lot? Yes. Would I buy more? Probably. Do I think they're worth $24... not really. Do I think they're worth all the hype... no. I probably shouldn't buy any more of these once I finish because I know I won't use it that much and it I don't need any more... I don't reach for these liquid shadows a lot... it's just kind of... eh? Not the best, not the worst... but I would say not worth it in my honest opinion.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments