May Favorites 2017!

I have a lot of favorites this month... a lot of products really wowed me. And with the Sephora and Ulta sales at the end of April... I've been splurgier... so stuff happened!

Let's start off with some Foundation. I have to say the Makeup Forever Stick Foundation was definitely the best discovery lately... it just works so well on my skin. It's super easy to apply the coverage is awesome- it doesn't cake up or anything and it just WORKS! It's so good! Definitely recommend especially for Normal to Dry skin or if you do makeup in a hurry... this is a really nice one.

Another rediscovered favorite that honestly is just as good as any of my favorite high end foundations: The Elf Flawless Finish. I love My Too Faced Born This Way... I love the Fiona Stiles Luminizing foundation... this really compares to those foundations and it's just sooo affordable and amazing. Highly, highly recommend checking this out. You can go through it fast... but it's still worth it!

And now let's talk a little CoverFx because I can't get enough of their stuff right now. The Custom Enhancer drops in Halo... if you love highlight... run don't walk to your nearest sephora and get this!!!! You can thank me later... but man. This is amazing! It is kind of duo chrome-y but if you mix it with foundation it just looks amazing and dewy.

I also tried out the Custom Infusion Drops in the Hydrating version... these I've been using a ton lately... and it's just a good thing to mix in with foundations for a dewy effect. It adds moisture... maybe I'll try a drugstore oil and mix that in with a foundation and see if there's a similar effect... this is still really good though and I've been liking it a lot!

And speaking of Oils I have to mention the Bareminerals Eternalixer Skin Volumizing Oil Serum. This was on sale not too long ago at Ulta and Bareminerals had 5X the points... so I needed to try this. It just works really well for volumizing the skin... which sounds weird... but it does something. My skin has been a lot firmer since I've started using it and it definitely feels like there are anti aging benefits. I would say the Tarte Amazonian Clay oil might be more moisturizing... but this is really good too. Maybe I need to do a cocktail of the two. This on my cheeks and forehead and the Amazonian Clay on my skin.

I cut my hair shorter towards the end of April... so I've been more into hair products lately and one I've been loving is the Ouidad flexible hold hairspray. I love ouidad products... that's mostly what I use for my hair... this helps the curls last all day. I use it before and after blow-drying and my hair always looks wayyy better with this.

The Bath and Body Works Coco Shea collection is my last non makeup favorite of the month before we get back into the makeup... lol sort of got off track here in the middle. Anyway, the Honey Body Scrub and Body Butter are what I've been using... these make shaving bearable. Lol. It's so good. The Scrub smells like Auntie Anne's and the Body Butter is really good too!

Now to the exciting stuff: Eyeshadow Palettes! One I've shopped my stash for recently is the Nubian 2 palette from Juvia's Place. This is just so good... I thought it bothered my eyes.... but it hasn't been bothering me too much lately and I've used it every day the last 3 or 4 days I think. I think the mattes today bothered me a little bit... but this is still an amazing palette... definitely a brand I'm ordering more from. They are on haute look this week so I'm going to probably get a few things from that.

My Favorite New Discovery is the Nars Fully Loaded Eye Palette... this basically blends itself. It's soooo easy to use and the colors are gorgeous... totally up my ally. Nars can do no wrong... it is just a fantastic palette! One of my favorites of all time.

Another one that is probably my favorite collection of recent years: The Urban Decay Jean Michel Basquait Collection... but more specifically the Gold Griot eyeshadow palette. I love the packaging, I love the colors inside...these seem basic... but they're so easy to create looks with and that's kind of the beauty of it. I've done a surprising amount of different looks just with this palette... and it's just easy to use... I hang it up on my wall because I like the artwork a lot... it's just a good one!

Since we're on eyes... I have a new favorite mascara. The It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara... where was this all my life? It is gorgeous and amazing! It really lengthens the mascara... and it makes me feel like a superhero. Lol.

I discovered a new Holy Grail Eye Primer this month too... the Milani Eye Primer is probably the only thing I'll buy from now on... this one just works. Not everything works for every eyeshadow... I don't think I've tried this with Anastasia shadows yet... that might be a thing I do tomorrow... but this is amazing! I'll probably update how it works together on my Instagram which is @shannonsreviews- I post about 4 times a day on there if you wanted to follow me... I'll definitely answer any question you might have about anything! I'm super active there. Plug aside... this is a good primer!

Another drugstore favorite of the month is the Primark P.S Highlight in Rose Prosecco... I use this as a blush and it is awesome! It gives such a nice glow... I've been into super glowing face looks lately and this just really completes a look and pulls it together.

Another favorite from the glow-y variety is the Fiona Stiles Illuminating Palette... this works for everything. I've used it for bronzer, I've used it as highlight, I've used it as an all over face palette... and it works so well! I think using it for bronzer and highlight are my favorites... it's subtle but it isn't too subtle... it just gives a nice glow. If you use the Custom Infusion Drops with one of those foundations, the Rose Prosecco blush and this as a bronzer and highlight... you're face will have a really really pretty glow to it that looks natural... but still kind of extra. I love it.

And last but not least: Favorite lipsticks! The Bite Beauty Multi Sticks in Cashew and Gelato... omg! Cashew is definitely my favorite... but these are really long wearing and just fantastic. Comfortable... you can use them on your eyes and cheeks too... not my favorite use... but they work well still.

That is everything! Hope you guys like this! It was a fun month of makeup... I could probably talk about a lot more... but these kind of made the cut... so these are the real deals!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments