Getting Ready In A Hurry : Tips + Product Recommendations for Quick Look

Heyyy guys so its back to school, but also these are just useful tips in general. If you're waking up late or just don't like taking a ton of time on your make up, this is super super helpful.

1) Put the make up you want to use in a bag before you wake up in the morning- This is kind of obvious but pretty helpful. Maybe you have a new palette you want to use or a foundation you haven't used in a while that you want to try again, put that stuff in a little make up bag, along with all the brushes you need if you really want to get into that and then the next morning you'll know what you're using, it'll all be in one place and It will be neatly organized so that you can use it efficiently.

2) Use Multi-tasking products- Another no-brainer kind of, but it really makes things so easy. Today I used the Maybeline Master Studio Bronzer in the color Light Bronze and I forgot how much I love this product. It really does a little bit of everything. Its a blush, bronzer and highlighter all in one. I've tried using it as eyeshadow too... didn't love the way that worked, but I do genuinely love this product for that.

3) Use A BB Cream- I feel like for a hurry, a BB Cream might work a little bit better than foundation. Most of them claim to have a built in primer... I still use a primer with it... but primer's really take no time at all. They're easy because its hard to make it look cakey or unnatural at all. It just gives a little tint to the skin and enough coverage to be a little perfected.

4) Use Easy to blend shadows- I'm going to have a few shadow recommendations... but this one I think is my favorite. The easier the shadows are to blend, the easier it is to create looks with them and the faster you're going to get out the door looking really put together with an eye look. My favorite thing to use are the Lorac Pro palettes. I use 3 shadows, a light shimmery color on the lid, a dark matte in the crease and a darker shimmer on the outer corner, it looks so good and put together and it just makes for a really easy eye look that you can do in like a minute.

5) Find some good "One n Done shadows"- A lot of shadows you can get a nice look just by wearing them. Bailey B on youtube just recommended the Elf Smudge Pots for this, and those work really nicely because they're a cream shadow that doesn't crease, so they just look good on their own. The L'oreal Infallible shadows are good for that too, they're really pigmented and will last all day with no primer and thats all I can think of... but they're really pretty great ones. Ohhh and Colourpop... I find it really easy to do looks with colourpop shadows too.

6) Use Single Eyeshadows- Sometimes Palettes can be a little overwhelming, but having specific single eyeshadows can make some really great looks in a really limited amount of time. Stila's Kitten is good for that... again L'oreal Infallibles, Milani Bella Eyes, Ulta has some good ones. Kat Von D just came out with singles. Urban Decay's Sin is one of my favorite singles... theres a lot of great single shadows and they all really do a great job of getting a good look on time.

7) Tinted Lip Balms/ Neutral glosses with good applicators- This is a favorite thing of mine. I like to keep Babylips or something in my purse just because they're really easy to just put on and have color on your lips without being too colorful and it doesn't get on your teeth or anything. They're great if you have an acting class or if you're doing theater and practicing or something. This would also be a good thing to keep in your backpack or locker. It's just good. I also like the Butter Balms from Ulta's brand and chubby pencils are pretty good for that too.

The Maybelline Color Elixer's are also a good option because they have some really nice neutral colors and the applicator makes it really easy to put on.

8) Mascara that doesn't clamp or flake- One of the worst things is having to take all this time because you put on too much mascara and it clumped up or its flaking off or something like that. I don't know if theres a real quick fix for that... but there are some mascaras to avoid or just get a waterproof version of. I really liked the Physician's Formula in the Green Leaf Tube... forget what its called but that flakes a little, so I didn't like it on my bottom lashes. The Rimmel Retro Glam and Kate Moss Mascaras are good for volume and good for panda-eyes so I would buy them in a waterproof version maybe. I've never tried them waterproof. The Rimmel Wonderlash in the Waterproof version is great and doesn't clump or flake, Ulta's Amped Lashes is good for that... and the Covergirl Super Sizer is pretty good for that also... although I think that might flake a little... not sure. Ulta's twice as nice also good... but might have flaked a little when it was wetter.

Also I think it flakes more if you coat the bottom lashes... so skip that step if you're in a hurry. I personally think that can look a little spidery sometimes and I don't love it.

9) Keep some sort of makeup removing device nearby you- This is a must I think. Sometimes eye makeup can smudge a bit and you'll get like a dark color on the browbone or on the inner corner and you don't like it... so a makeup remover is useful for that. I like using a smudger or a sponge tip applicator and dabbing it in makeup remover and getting it off a precise area. A Q Tip would be good too. Almay makes Q Tips with make up removers in them, which looks quite awesome. Elf has an Eye Makeup remover pen, which works well... but idk. The smudger thing seems easier to me for some reason. Or just take a makeup remover cloth or a tissue with some makeup remover and if you need it to get into your eye just roll it to give it a pointed edge that can fit where you need it to.

Or just wipe your whole face off if you want to. Its up to you.

10) Maybeline Masterglaze Blushes- These are good, long wearing and pigmented... but they never get cakey and since they're a cream blush, they just look natural on and not too powdery or anything. These are easy to just dab on the cheeks and go.

11) Know what's the most important to you and what you can leave out- This is kind of a personal preference type of thing, but do what you want to do and cater it to yourself. Like I know some people hate not wearing eyeliner, I hardly ever use eyeliner. Some people don't like eyeshadow, I love doing eyeshadow. Not everyone needs a primer, you could definitely skip blush or highlight or something if you're in a hurry. I personally like having a natural looking face that doesn't have any dry patches or look really powdery or anything, and I like having a little color on my eyelids and my cheeks. I also like having primer on my face and eyes because I think it helps a lot. \

12) Bring your powder with you- I pretty much just keep the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Powder in my purse and I'll use it if I need it.

My 5 Minute Look 

I don't have any pictures since I've posted this before and its kind of my go to... and one of the products is discontinued... but this is what I do. 

Step 1: I use the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer all over my face.
Step 2: Take your favorite light coverage BB Cream, mine is the Garnier Fresh Effects... now discontinued but still if you can find it or find something similar... get it if you like light make up. The only way this really works is with a mattifying primer though, so keep that in mind... it doesn't stay on well without that and if you have oily skin, this primer is not for you... but with the rimmel stay matte primer it looks good. Blend with fingers.
Step 3: Take the Maybeline Master Glaze Blush in Just Pinched Pink and put that on your cheeks. Blend with fingers.
Step 4: Kind of optional, but if you want to take a light powder blush that isn't too pigmented over the cream blush, that works well. I like Benefit's Dallas. Helps it last longer.
Step 5: Prime Eyes. I like Urban Decay's Primer Potion.
Step 6: Go into Lorac Pro 2 palette. My go-to look is beige all over lid, Lt. Brown in crease and Mocha on outer corner... but loads of colors work in this combination. In the Lorac Pro Palette as well this is my method.
Step 7: Put on a Maybeline Babylips. My favorite is the Dr. Rescue formula and I don't remember the color but it was a pink and I can't find it right now and I'm not sure if they still make this color... which sucks. Lol.
Step 8: Use a nice mascara that doesn't clump up like the Rimmel Wonderlash in water proof
Step 9: Bring a powder with you and powder if you get oily! And Setting Spray if before going if you like too!

And you're done! Easy steps, I wanted to over- explain it to be thorough... but it takes no time at all for each step.



Comments