Review: Milani Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose

So I just got this blush and its kind of new... not really... but its new to me and I don't go to CVS or Wallgreens that often so I never see Milani Blushes and I wish they were more readily available but I really wanted to try these rose blushes because they always look good when people use them and they're packaged adorably... I love Milani's packaging. Its important because really you don't need to pay like $30 for good packaging.

Anyway down to the product itself. This color is really quite neutral, its pretty light but on the skin it goes on the cheeks really nicely. It looks a little like Benefit's Dallas, which I don't own, but I think you can get the same look from this product. I've never seen them swatched together, but thats kind of what it looks like.

And I think it feels a lot softer than Benefit blushes too. It feels really nice and soft and luxurious almost like a tarte blush. And it doesn't really kick up color or anything. I dropped it before I got it and it didn't shatter or anything, so I have a feeling that if you were to order it online, you wouldn't have to worry about it shattering. I love the Nyx HD Blushes, but mine in Taupe shattered and I've heard thats a problem with these so... yeah. If you're ordering online, Milani > Nyx. I don't think this blush is more pigmented than the Nyx one I have, but its just as good and if you're getting it online, I think this would hold up.

Its also hard to make this look like "woahhh thats too much blush" because its just sort of a natural color... I could see that happening with the other colors. And these are good with any brush too. Usually I use the Up and Up Blush Brush, but since I'm trying to do all cruelty free this week and I have no idea if that is cruelty free, I've been using the Elf Angled Blush Brush, which can be a little much sometimes, but it kinda works with this... and the Elf Small Stipple brush which I really like with this.

And now with the whole "strobing" trend, I think Matte Blushes are going to be really in. Having a nice, subdued blush with some BAM! Inyourface highlight looks really pretty. Thats what I did today and I really liked this. I also kind of want to use this as an eyeshadow. I could see doing a really quick look with this... possible blog post idea... YES! I've got it! Lol.

So overall, big thumbs up for this blush. I think its awesome, I want to try the other colors and I want to try some of their baked blushes too because those are the ones that are supposed to be The Cat's Pajamas... and I haven't been brave enough to buy one yet. Lol.

So those are my thoughts on the Milani Rose Blush that I have. I think its really pretty, if you have pale skin and want something really natural, I think this will be great!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments