Faces Of The Week: Cruelty Free Week Edition

Just a fair warning... there will probably be no pics for this faces of the week. I might try... but the only 2 cruelty free foundation type products and they both have SPF so they don't look very good in pictures. I'm not even sure I'm going to use all products that are available now either, I might also use older limited edition products... just cause some of the limited ones are my favorites that I haven't worn in a long time. So... I might not be helpful at all. Lol. I also did my Cruelty Free How-To-sday last week, so if you're wondering why Tuesday isn't that particular look... thats why! I want to try to use drugstore and high end... I have a lot from both though... so idk. We'll see what happens. I just thought I'd explain that a little first.

Sunday 
Mostly Affordable Products! 

Eyes- 
Primer- Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Champagne
Shadows- All over the lid I used Colourpop's Hope from the Metamorphosis quad and in the crease I took the Elf Mad For Matte Palette and used the 6th shade in the palette in my crease. And I highlighted my brow bone with the 2 first colors in the palette. (I used my fingers to apply the primer and the shadow and an elf blending brush for the crease color. Trying to use Cruelty Free brushes too.
Mascara- I curled my lashes and then used Tarte's Lights Camera Splashes... which I didn't love at first, but I like how it looks today.
Liner- Didn't use any!

Face- 

Primer- Elf Hydrating Face Primer. This is pretty good!
Foundation- Elf BB Cream. Really like the coverage of this.
Concealer/powder- I don't know why I put this on here... I don't have a cruelty free concealer and I don't really feel like I need one with this bb cream... but I did powder my face with the Elf HD Undereye Setting powder. And I guess I could use that as a concealer on its own. I used the Elf Foundation brush to put that on.
Bronzer- The Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Malibu Strip, I used the dark end to bronze the face with an elf bronzing brush.
Blush- Milani Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose
Highlight- The Lighter Side of the Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Malibu Strip. Just used my fingers and dabbed it on my cheekbones and my nose.
Setting Spray- Elf Makeup Mist and Set

Lips- Elf Moisturizing lipstick in Coral Cutie 

Monday 
I stayed in the pool all day and didn't wear makeup. 

Tuesday 
My Favorites!  Eyes- 
Primer- Urban Decay Primer Potion
Shadows- Tarte Showstopper Palette. I used Showstopper Copper all over the lid, You're a Natural in the crease and Go For The Gold in the inner corner. I think those are the right names... but Copper lid, Matte Brown Crease, and Gold inner corner.
Mascara- Ulta's Amped Up Mascara
Liner- I tried using Colourpop's Hot Tamale as a liquid liner and in my waterline I used Mirage I think... not sure. Will double check. I used an Elf Concealer Brush to apply those.

Face- 

Primer- Too Faced Hangover RX
Foundation- It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination
Concealer/powder- Elf HD Undereye setting powder which I used on my forehead and places I highlighted and as a concealer. I used Elf's foundation brush to pack it on.
Bronzer-Tarte's Park Ave. Princess, the version from the showstopper palette.
Blush- Milani Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Rose
Highlight- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal. I didn't know Becca was Cruelty free, but as it turns out they're from a parent company that doesn't test either, so thats especially cool! I took this on my forehead, nose and cheekbones... probably a mistake since the CC Cream is quite illuminating and I already looked pretty dewy from being out in the sun... but yeah.
Setting Spray- Pixi Glow Mist before and after foundation and then UD Setting Spray before and after powders. There's really no method to how I use setting sprays, I just use them a lot. Lol.


Lips- Bite Beauty Fig. These are all my favorite Cruelty Free products and I wish the picture came out better, but you can't really see who I am I just look like a ghost from the flashback... so... yeah. I really liked the way it looked though!

Wednesday
Rose Gold Look  Eyes- 
Primer- Believe it or not, I had trouble with this look. I started with Ulta's cream shadow in Rose Gold, but it dried out and looked scaly like a lizard on my eyes, so I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Candellight instead. This doesn't exactly go with the colors... but I used the Naked 3 palette and it has some fallout and the Shadow Insurance Primers are the best at helping that.
Shadows- As I mentioned, I used my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, I took trick all over my lid, then used buzz on the outer corner and Nooner in the crease. Then I took Dust and used that as an inner corner highlight and I used Strange for my browbone. Loved this look!

Mascara- Ulta's Twice as Nice Mascara on my upper and lower lashes.
Liner- Didn't use one!

Face- 

Primer- Too Faced Hangover RX
Foundation- It Cosmetics CC+ Illumation. I had a hard time with the foundation looking cakey. At first I used it mixed with Elf's bb cream, didn't like it... then I used the Elf BB Cream alone... still didn't look great with my dry skin. Then I went back to the CC+ Illumination with the Elf Professional Foundation Brush. That seemed to do the trick!
Concealer/powder- I think I just used the Elf Undereye setting powder as concealer and it worked well.
Bronzer- didn't use one! Went for strobing!
Blush- Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Watermelon Moonstone... Love it!
Highlight- Becca Rose Gold. I did have to use a fan brush from Real Techniques for this... full disclosure, I don't think they are cruelty free... but it works.
Setting Spray- Pixi Glow Tonic and UD All Nighter

Lips- Too Faced Melted Peony.

I hadn't used a lot of these products in a while and I really loved the look of everything... so I'm definitely going to use this Naked 3 palette more!

Thursday 
Pretty Simple look 

Eyes- 
Primer- Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Champagne
Shadows- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I used Creme Brûlée all over my lid, Cherry Cordial in the crease and the matte white shade on my browbone.
Mascara- Tarte Lights Camera Splashes. I'm glad I used this. Its waterproof and I saw Inside Out today... and I cried. A Lot.
Liner- Didn't use one!

Face- 

Primer- Too Faced Hangover Rx
Foundation- It Cosmetics CC+ Illumination
Concealer/powder- None today
Bronzer-Didn't use one.
Blush- Nars Orgasm. Lovveee it.
Highlight-Elf Baked Highlight in Moonlight Pearls  
Setting Spray- Urban Decay All Nighter.

Lips- Elf Matte Lip Cream in Hot Commodity. Love this color and I got it for free for doing an instagram challenge. Elf has a good marketing team... lol. Anyway I like this color but I have a zit like right above my lip and I'm not liking much on my lips right now.

Friday 
Testing New Products!
  Eyes- 
Primer- UD Primer Potion, I got the new one with the applicator and I like it!
Shadows- I tried out the Makeup Revolution Romantic Smokey Palette and it might be the best drugstore palette out there! I like it as much as some of my high end palettes and it is $7! So if you want a smokey palette but aren't looking to spend $54 on Urban Decay's new one... this is AWESOME! So far, I mean I just put it on and haven't worn it out yet, but I love the way the shadows went on and how it looked.

First I took the 5th shade in the palette and put that all over my lid with the sponge tip applicator that it came with. Then I went in my crease with the 9th color in the palette which is like a matte lilac color and I put that in my crease as a transition. Then I took the 6th color and I put that in my crease a little and on my outer edge. This is a brownish burgandyish color with a little bit of a satin finish. And last but not least I took my new Kat Von D Metal Crush Shadow in Raw Power, which is also like a berry burgundy type of shade and put that into my outer corner and a little into my crease.
Mascara- Ulta's Twice as Nice. I did a few coats of the upper lash mascara on my upper lashes and then used the lower lash wand to comb out the clumps a little. This isn't a clumpy mascara, but mine is a little old now, so its getting a little clumpy. And I used the bottom lashes on the bottom.
Liner- The Catrice Kohl Kajal eyeliner in You're my Rosen One.

Face- 

Primer- Didn't use one.
Foundation- It cosmetics, same as the last few days
Concealer/powder- none
Bronzer- First I took the Catrice Bronzing highlighter pen and sort of dabbed that on the hollows of my cheeks and my forehead. Its not great for contouring cause it is quite highlighting, but it looks nice as a way to warm up the face. Then I took the Makeup Revolution Bronzer in Ready to go and put that over top just to warm it up a bit more.
Blush- Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Fearless. Great shade that I think could work on anyone and for any look really.
Highlight- The Catrice Highlighting Pen. I used that on the cheekbones, dotting it on and then I took it on my nose forehead and chin also and blended it out with the elf small stipple brush (which I also used for the bronzing pen)
Setting Spray- Urban Decay All Nighter

Lips- I used Becca's Beach Tint in Guava. I didn't really want to use lipstick cause I have a breakout right by my lip, but this is so subtle it just gives the most natural tint which I love! And actually I decided my breakout looked a little better today, so I put a coraly color from Bite Beauty's Watercolor Set over top of it.

Saturday
Didn't Wear Make Up! 

Sorry I don't really have any pictures, as I said I mostly used the It Cosmetics CC Cream which does not photograph well because it has such a high SPF! I really liked the way all the looks turned out and I would definitely recommend all of these products! I will list my favorites in my Monday Musts... but just so you guys know, this is all good stuff! Lol.

Comments