Top 5 Friday: Back To School Picks from the drugstore

Heyyy guys! Here are my picks for things that I would recommend for going back to school. The keys I think for back to school musts are A) Affordability B) Long Lasting C) Natural D) Easy to Apply in a Hurry

So these are kind of my picks for those.

1) L'oreal Infallible Setting Spray- I'm gonna start with something kinda on the pricier end here... but hey. Coupon coupon coupon! There are also mini sizes of this available and you only really need one spray for the whole day. I love setting sprays... they may not be completely necessary... but I think this one really does make your skin look nice and fresh and it prolongs the wear of your makeup.

2) Maybeline Babylips/ Maybeline Lip products- Personally I think the Babylips are the best option for school because they look really natural, but they do give a lot of pigment. They're a balm so they're easy to put on throughout the day with no mirror, plus they're moisturizing and these don't get on your lips. I've mentioned this a lot, but I had an acting class, and obviously I was required to speak a lot during that class. These didn't get on my lips, they didn't look to heavy. It was just a little something to give my lips a little color.

Also I think Maybeline's lip products in general are my favorite. They're the longest lasting drugstore formula's for me, they all feel comfortable on the lips and they have a lot of great collections. The Color Elixers are a great gloss, and I'm not that big of a fan of drugstore glosses. The Creamy Mattes feel really nice on the lips and last a long time. Their Vivid collection also lasts a long time and has a lot of fun colors and I like the Rebel Bloom and Plum line too... I love that they have different colors assorted in different collections. It just makes it really easy to shop for them. The formula is consistent in all of these too... really good.

Ohhh and the Color Blurs are AWESOME too! I forgot about those! Need to wear mine more!

Aside from the baby lips and color elixirs, they may be a little bold for everyday use in class... but in college I know a lot of people rocked really cool bold lip colors and if you were going to a school dance or something, it would work too.

3) Elf Smudge Pots- These are awesome! They're really creamy and I think they stay creamier than the Maybeline Color tattoos. Maybeline's get hard a little too fast and the smudge pots stay pretty creamy and easy to put on. Baily B just mentioned these as a great "one and done" eyeshadow and thats really true. You could use one of these for your eye look, it won't crease or smudge and it'll stay on and look really good.

4) Rimmel Wonderl'ash Waterproof mascara- I actually really like this. Its a nice natural mascara that is really easy to apply and use, and you can build it up without it clumping up! I use the Waterproof because Rimmel Mascaras tend to be a little flakey on me, but the waterproof kind is pretty good. They have a new Mascara that is supposed to smell like Cucumbers and I've heard that is really good too.

5) Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation- I wish they had this when I was in school! This is a good foundation for dry skin, oily skin... basically any type of skin. It has a satin finish which is nice and gives a nice natural coverage. This and the Maybeline Better Skin foundation... and kind of the L'oreal Infallible foundation are my favorites right now... but all are really good. This is my #1 pick because its got the most natural coverage, it works on all skin types, and it lasts a long time also. You could likely use it without a primer and it'll look good... might want to use a powder... but it is a really good foundation in my opinion. I think it'll work well on a lot of people.

I didn't mention any drugstore palettes because I think I'm going to do a separate post comparing those sometime soon... I wrote down that its my Sunday post... but idk about that... lol. I need to re-try a few things. Lol... but yeah expect that soon.

Hope this was helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments