Review: Catrice Highlighting and Bronzing Pens

So when I looked through the whole Catrice line at Ulta, these kind of peaked my interest the most. And I haven't really heard anyone talking about them... so I thought I'd review these first. I really like them, I think they're definitely good for 5.99... but there are a few pros and cons to them so here are my thoughts.

I'm going to have more of a view of how I use these on Tuesday, but basically I use the bronzing pen in the areas you would use a bronzer and the highlighting pen where you'd use a highlighter... so I'm definitely going to go through the bronzer first because I use it on my cheeks and forehead. Plus I like the bronzing pen a little better, so I've been using it more frequently than the highlighter. The formula is the same for both, the highlighter is really pigmented and really shows up... but I have a lot of highlighters I like better than this particular one, and I don't own any liquid bronzers like this one, and for summer I need to bronze up my face cause I'm pretty tan everywhere else... but my face is kind of the same.... so bronzer is needed. And this is a really easy way to bronze.

It is pretty pigmented, but it isn't over the top. I was a little afraid to use this all over the face at first, but its pretty sheer and it actually looks really good with another bronzer on top of it. This is one of my favorite ways to "strobe" which is really popular right now and I have a post coming up on it, and its just a good summer look all in all.

The highlight is very light. It reminds me of the highlighter in the Tarte Showstopper palette. Its very white and glow-y. It isn't in your face or anything, but its not something I would use as concealer or to brighten up under the eyes. I'd just use this on the cheekbones. It isn't like the Maybeline Lumi pen or anything like that.

Speaking of the Maybeline Lumi pen... these work pretty much the same way. There is a brush tip and you have to twist the bottom to make the liquid come out. I don't always love brush tips, I feel like if it gets too old, the brush tip breaks me out... but I'm sure I'll use these up before then because I like these a lot and I could put the product on another brush and put it on that way. Its also a little messy because its not like the product goes down after you start using it and clicking it.

These are also chubby and slightly hard to store I guess... but not a huge hassle.

As far as I know, in the US Catrice is only available online at Ulta and they don't show you what the color looks like. It is a light bronze, so if you have a deeper skintone I don't think its going to show up if you're medium to deep skin tone. If you're light, I think it will look really nice. I'm very light and this shade is great for me... but I don't think it'll work that well on everyone... and they only have one color, so that sort of sucks.

The best way to judge it is by the lid... which just looks bronze... it doesn't really give you an idea of the color or anything... so I wish that was better.

The highlight I think would show up on everyone. Its light enough to work with me. It might look too light on deeper skin tones... but it'll show up for sure! Its very cool toned and I feel like it might be like Becca's Moonstone. I don't own Moonstone... but I think it looks like that.

And... yeah. These are clicky pens, it isn't like there is a ton of product in there... but I know I'll use these up and I would repurchase them after using them up. I really like the bronzer and for 5.99 I think these are great products. Would I pay more than that... No. If they had nicer packaging maybe, but no. Lol.

Hope this review was helpful!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments